Zygon Hunt was the eighth and final story in the third series of the Fourth Doctor Adventures, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Nicholas Briggs and featured Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor and Louise Jameson as Leela.
On the jungle planet Garros, Earth Forces Knight Commander-in-Chief Greg Saraton and his team are hunting gigantic beasts, for sport. When the Doctor and Leela arrive, they are caught up in a web of intrigue where there is no clear friend or foe.
What is Saraton's vital connection with Earth's Solar System's Defence Shield? Why are the giant reptilian birds of Garros attacking? What terrible secret lurks deep within the trees?
Before the truth can be revealed, a heavy price will be extracted and loyalties will be tested to the limit.
to be added
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- Gregor Saraton - Michael Maloney
- Mina Challis - Gillian Kearney
- Knight Commander Elunas - James George
- Knight Commander Ollerie - Steven Alexander
- Baragor/The Zygons/Knights - Nicholas Briggs
- The Doctor tells Leela that she missed her calling as a weather forecaster.
- Leela's father Sole taught her how to seal animals' wounds, and heal them, with moss.
- In 2018, this story was re-released on vinyl exclusive to Sainsbury's customers in a limited run of 2000 copies.
- This story was recorded on 4 July 2012 at Audio Sorcery.
- This is the first appearance of the Zygons since the television story The Day of the Doctor nine months earlier.
- This story was originally released on CD and download. For a limited time, it was also released as a vinyl released exclusively to Sainsbury's customers.
- Leela compares Garros to her home planet and refers to her father Sole. (TV: The Face of Evil)
- The Doctor refers to the fact that Madame Nostradamus knitted his scarf. (TV: The Ark in Space)
- The Doctor previously encountered the Zygons and a Skarasen on Tulloch Moor, Scotland in the 1970s. (TV: Terror of the Zygons)
- The Doctor previously mentioned the Zygons to Leela as part of a message that he wanted her to deliver to UNIT in 1979. (AUDIO: Trail of the White Worm)
- The Doctor refers to the Zygons' body-print technology. (TV: Terror of the Zygons)
- The Doctor refers to the destruction of the Zygons' homeworld Zygor. (TV: Terror of the Zygons) Its destruction was caused by the Time War. (TV: The Day of the Doctor)
- The Doctor tells Mina that Warlord Broton and the rest of the Zygons on Earth are dead and that their Skarasen is "aimlessly swimming around Loch Ness occasionally posing for very blurred photographs". (TV: Terror of the Zygons)