Zamper is the forty-first Virgin New Adventures novel. It features the Seventh Doctor, Bernice Summerfield, Roz Forrester and Chris Cwej. It also features a reappearance of the Chelonians, a species that first appeared in The Highest Science.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
"Good morning. We're doomed. Would you like a cup of tea?"
On the far side of a break in the fabric of space is the planet Zamper, home of a secretive organisation that constructs and sells the mightiest warships in the galaxy. It is to Zamper that the last warriors of the fallen Chelonian Empire have come in a final attempt to restore their race's glory.
Separated from the TARDIS, the Doctor and his companions are intrigued by the bizarre operations on Zamper. Why are accidents and power failures afflicting the planet? What is the true agenda of the mysterious Management? And what are the strange powers of the alien shipbuilders?
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Seventh Doctor
- Bernice Summerfield
- Roz Forrester
- Chris Cwej
- Big Mother
- Mr Jottipher
References[edit | edit source]
Books[edit | edit source]
- Similarities in Proto-Cultural Artifacts of the Second Dynasty of the Zyrs, a book Bernice wrote for a bet, has been published by the 60th century.
Culture[edit | edit source]
- The Chelonian anthem has one hundred eighty-five verses.
Fashion and clothing[edit | edit source]
- Chris Cwej wears Calvin Klein briefs he found in the TARDIS.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Some Chelonians refer to the Doctor's appearances / incarnations as "the brotherhood of Doctors."
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Chelonians first appeared in PROSE: The Highest Science.
- Chelonians also appear in PROSE: The Well-Mannered War.
Cover gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]