- You may be looking for World Wide Web.
Worldwide Web was the eighth and final story in the third series of the Eighth Doctor Adventures, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Eddie Robson and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Sheridan Smith as Lucie Miller.
This story is a continuation of The Eight Truths.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
As the Doctor attempts to deal with the invasion and its connection to a long-lost stellar manipulator he last saw above Orbis, Lucie Miller finds herself playing host to the Great One. Can she break free of the spider leader's control, or will she be lost forever?
And can Earth avoid becoming trapped forever in a worldwide web?
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Lucie Miller - Sheridan Smith
- Clark Goodman - Stephen Moore
- Kelly Westwood - Sophie Winkleman
- Dr Avishka Sangakkara - Sanjeev Bhaskar
- The Headhunter - Katarina Olsson
- Karen Coltraine - Kerry Godliman
- Rob - Richard Earl
- David - Anthony Spargo
- Queen - Beth Chalmers
- Newsreader - Barnaby Edwards
References[edit | edit source]
- Lucie sees a Trell among the aliens that the Eight Legs have hypnotised.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This audio drama was recorded on 25 September and 23 October 2008 at The Moat Studios.
- The story was initially released as a download on the Big Finish website on 13 and 20 June 2009.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Exhausted from the their fight against the Eight Legs, Lucie and the Doctor decide to go to Blackpool at Christmas at the end of this story. This seems to be confirmed by the opening dialogue of AUDIO: Death in Blackpool. Thus, that story is assumed to take place immediately after the events of Worldwide Web.
- This story is a direct follow up to AUDIO: The Eight Truths.
- Lucie recognises a Trell among the aliens hypnotised by the Eight Legs. (AUDIO: Sisters of the Flame)
- The Doctor mentions that Metebelis crystals can heal mental disorders. (TV: Planet of the Spiders)
[edit | edit source]
- Official Worldwide Web page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Worldwide Web at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide