Wirrn Dawn was the fourth story in the third series of the Eighth Doctor Adventures, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Nicholas Briggs and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Sheridan Smith as Lucie Miller.
Publisher's summary Edit
“This is full scale war. Wirrn and humankind locked in a deadly struggle for survival. When did that happen?”
The Doctor and Lucie land right in the middle of one of the human race's bloodiest periods of history. Trying to make a difference here would be like standing up and calling for a cease-fire on the Somme. Certain death...
Survival can be a messy business.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Lucie Miller - Sheridan Smith
- Trooper Salway - Colin Salmon
- Delong - Daniel Anthony
- Farroll - Liz Sutherland
- Winslet - Ian Brooker
- Queen - Beth Chalmers
- Earth was abandoned centuries earlier.
- The Doctor mentions extensive fighting on the Somme.
- The Doctor compares the Wirrn to Ichneumon wasps.
- This story marks the first appearance of the Wirrn in a Big Finish audio drama.
- This audio drama was recorded on 8 October 2008 at The Moat Studios.
- The story was initially released as a download on the Big Finish website on 18 and 25 April 2009.
- The Fourth Doctor first encountered the Wirrn on the Nerva Beacon (TV: The Ark in Space) whereas the Sixth Doctor encountered them on Loch Lomond off the coast of Scotland in 16127. (AUDIO: Wirrn Isle) The Eighth Doctor also encountered the Wirrn on Micawber's World in July 3999. (PROSE: Placebo Effect)
- Lucie mentions that she used to be "great friends with a centipede." (AUDIO: Sisters of the Flame/The Vengeance of Morbius)
- Ichneumon Wasps were previously mentioned by Nyssa in AUDIO: The Mutant Phase.
- The Doctor previously met GalSec colonists in the year 16087. (TV: The Sontaran Experiment)
- Official Wirrn Dawn page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Wirrn Dawn at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide