Summary[edit | edit source]
At the galaxy's most exclusive casino and criminal haunt – the Trans-Vegas casino – the Doctor joins the notorious slave-dealer Hubert Crimp at the card table. Hubert is on a winning streak and soon wins all the money at the table until the Doctor joins the game. Meanwhile, Amy, in a brand new evening dress, is in the hold of Hubert's ship, releasing all twelve alien slaves. They thankfully escape the ship and wait for the Doctor to return them all home.
Back at the table the Doctor has distracted Hubert for long enough. As Hubert turns on him with a gun, the Doctor lays down his cards. The Doctor's three of a kind beats Hubert's pair. As Hubert is now broke, the Doctor asks for him to be escorted to the exit. The winnings will be paid out to the enslaved creatures as compensation. The Doctor and Amy leave without having shown her dress off or having a prawn cocktail.
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Amy uses the Doctor's sonic screwdriver to free the slaves from their cells on board Hubert Crimp's craft.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
Original print details[edit | edit source]
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 163 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK – The Doctor and Amy get booked up
Continuity[edit | edit source]
to be added