Who Are The Silurians? was the first in-universe webcast in the TARDIS Index Files series.
Publisher's summary Edit
to be added
to be added
- Silurians ruled Earth millions of years before mankind existed.
- Silurian scientists predicted a small planet would smash into Earth. They therefore went into subterranean hibernation. But the small planet was the Moon. The collision never occurred.
- Madame Vastra is a detective who assists Scotland Yard.
- Originally from "the dawn of time", Vastra lives in Paternoster Row, Victorian London.
- Vastra is married to Jenny Flint.
- The Doctor showed Vastra a better way and now she is head of the Paternoster Gang with Jenny and Strax.
- Some Silurians have extrudable tongues that can be used to attack and infect victims with venom.
- Other Silurians have a third eye that can be used to destroy their enemies.
- Silurians are reptilian and can live for hundreds of years.
- Silurians are cold blooded but according to the Doctor, "They can be as warm hearted as any human."
Story notes Edit
- This webcast is presented as an in universe fact-file available on the TARDIS.
- Various Silurian branches have been awoken and encountered by humans. (TV: Doctor Who and the Silurians, Warriors of the Deep, The Hungry Earth / Cold Blood)
- Through her encounter with the Doctor, Vastra became a detective and head of the Paternoster Gang. (TV: A Good Man Goes to War, The Snowmen et al.)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.