Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Who Are The Cybermen? was the ninth in-universe webcast in the TARDIS Index Files series.
to be added
- Illustrator - Rachael Stott
- The first Cybermen the Doctor met were fully organic humanoids. Retaining human hands with a fabric-like outer skin, they were armed with deadly weaponry.
- The Cybermen gradually replaced their living, natural bodies until they became almost entirely robotic, devoid of emotion.
- The Cybermen constantly upgraded their bodies and evolved through many iterations.
- Meanwhile, in a parallel universe, the evil John Lumic created a new race of Cybermen who upgraded him to Cyber-Controller.
- These Cybermen were able to cross into our universe where they fought the Daleks and Torchwood in the Battle of Canary Wharf.
- Cybermen frequently use human traitors to advance their plans, all are now deceased.
- Tobias Vaughn was managing director of International Electromatics.
- Mercy Hartigan assisted the Cybermen in their invasion of Victorian Britain.
- Ringway was a double agent working for the Cybermen when they tried to destroy Earth in the 26th century.
- This webcast is presented as an in universe fact-file available on the TARDIS.
- This webcast featured new 3D footage of the villains.
- The Cybermen encountered by the First Doctor were more organic, (TV: The Tenth Planet) but became more and more robotic as they upgraded and evolved through many iterations. (TV: The Moonbase, The Wheel in Space, The Invasion, Revenge of the Cybermen, Earthshock, Silver Nemesis, Nightmare in Silver)
- John Lumic created and became Cyber-Controller of his own Cybermen in a parallel universe. (TV: Rise of the Cybermen, The Age of Steel) These Cybermen later crossed into our universe and fought the Daleks and Torchwood in the Battle of Canary Wharf. (TV: Army of Ghosts, Doomsday)
- Human collaborators with the Cybermen include Tobias Vaughn, (TV: The Invasion) Mercy Hartigan, (TV: The Next Doctor) and Ringway. (TV: Earthshock)
- It is unclear whether the Cybermen ultimately died out or continue to survive. (TV: Nightmare in Silver)
to be added