Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor and Peri find themselves in the Museum of Aural Antiquities, where every sound is stored for posterity — from the speeches of Visteen Krane to security service wire taps and interrogation tapes. But they also find an intruder, mysteriously changed recordings, and a dead body.
Before long the Doctor realises that there is more going on than a simple break-in or murder. How can he defeat a creature that is made of pure sound?
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Peri - Nicola Bryant
- Amber Dent / Car Computer - Rebecca Jenkins
- Goff Fotherill / Computer Voice - Hylton Collins
- Visteen Krane - Matthew Brenher
- Radio Announcer - Harvey Summers
- Museum Curator Gantman - Peter Miles
- Miles Napton - Mark Trotman
- Detective Berkeley - Nick Scovell
- Hans Stengard - Steffan Boje
- Beth Pernell - Lisa Bowerman
- Answerphone Message - Justin Richards
- Audio Voices - Jacqueline Rayner
- The Doctor quotes Macbeth.
- The production code 6Z/A puts it between the television stories Revelation of the Daleks (production code 6Z) and The Trial of a Time Lord (production codes starting from 7A).
- This story was originally released on cassette and CD. Later the cassette version was replaced by a digital download. On 1 August 2013, Big Finish stopped repressing the CDs. Only the download version remains available.
- This audio drama was recorded on 17 and 18 July 1999 at the Nu Groove Studios, London.
- Oddly, this story doesn't use either the Peter Howell or Dominic Glynn theme tunes associated with the Sixth Doctor's era, but rather the second rendition of the Delia Derbyshire theme tune used from 1967-1980.
- The characters' names come from Justin Richards's Mission: Impossible episode guide.
- Working titles for the story included The Sound of Fear and Sound Judgement.
- Official Whispers of Terror page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Whispers of Terror at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide