Publisher's summary Edit
to be added
- Captain Jack Harkness - John Barrowman
- Ata - Atilla Akinci
- Ottoman medic - Ché Francis
- Allied soldiers - Rhys Isaac-Jones / Jonny Glynn
- Constantinople is being targeted by the allies.
- The Ottomans and Australians are engaged at Gallipoli.
- Ali was Ata's late older brother who identified as a conscientious objector, though Ata tells Jack that he was a coward and a liar who had no principles. He had physically abused Ata since childhood.
- Jack admits that he still fears death even after experiencing it so many times, remaining ever uncertain whether his next death will be his last.
- Though one could assume that Jack's appearance in World War I would place this story during his time waiting for the Doctor through the 20th century between The Parting of the Ways and Everything Changes, it is the authorial intent of writer Scott Handcock that, from Jack's perspective, this story be placed not long after the death of Ianto Jones in Children of Earth. This would establish that Jack had somehow been able to travel through time despite the Tenth Doctor's disabling of his vortex manipulator in Journey's End, however, the intended placement is not made clear in the story itself.
- Earlier in the war, Jack was recovering from a shot to the head at a hospital during the Christmas truce. (COMIC: The Forgotten)
- Jack will acknowledge his deaths during World War I when he meets the Tenth Doctor. (TV: Utopia)
- The Fourth Doctor was present at Gallipoli. (PROSE: Direct Action)
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.