Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
When the TARDIS makes a disastrous landing in the swamps of the planet Sunday, the Doctor has no choice but to abandon Martha and try to find help. But the tranquility of Sunday's swamps is deceptive, and even the TARDIS can't protect Martha forever. The human pioneers of Sunday have their own dangers to face: homeless and alone, they're only just starting to realise that Sunday's wildlife isn't as harmless as it first seems. Why are the native otters behaving so strangely, and what is the creature in the swamps that is so interested in the humans, and the new arrivals? The Doctor and Martha must fight to ensure that human intelligence doesn't become the greatest danger of all.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Tenth Doctor
- Martha Jones
- Candy Kane
- Professor Ty Benson
- Col McConnon
- Dr Sam Hashmi
- Marj Haddon
- Chief Councillor Pallister
- Swamp monster
References[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor mentions a previous undocumented trip to Arkon.
- Martha makes reference to Breakfast at Tiffany's, Audrey Hepburn and Strictly Come Dancing
- The Doctor refers to Donna Summer, Barbra Streisand and their hit song "Enough Is Enough".
- Moisture adversely affects psychic paper.
- The Doctor jokingly refers to Romana by saying that she "knows everything".
- The Krynoids are mentioned.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Martha Jones Blog Entry July 1, 2007 referenced this adventure as "the time the Doctor left me stuck in the TARDIS — in a swamp!".
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
Audio release[edit | edit source]
- An abridged reading of the story was released as an audiobook on 2x CD read by Freema Agyeman.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]