Publisher's summary Edit
to be added
- Jackie knocks on her neighbours' doors, including Rosita, Yasmin, and Trisha Delaney.
- Later, Jackie sees Jolene, from number 32, and Mrs Boufakis, as "ghosts".
- The old man at number 13 "does his business" in the hanging baskets.
- Jack uses his vortex manipulator as a power source.
- Jackie laughs at the alien race being called Harvesters, referencing the restaurant chain.
- The Powell Estate once held a street party for the Queen's jubilee, with flags, bunting, orange squash, cheesy pineapple, Bakewells and sausage rolls. They played music from a CD player. Jackie caught Alfie Squires looking at cocktail sausages. Jackie recreates this night.
- As she begins to imagine people coming back at the party, Jackie addresses Frank, Doris, Bill, Maxine and Arianna. As they briefly begin to solidify, she addresses Henry, as well.
- Jackie puts four sugars in Jack's tea.
- When they truly return to N-Space, "Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines" plays on the panpipes at the party.
- Jack once worked on Ritz World Alpha.
- Wednesdays for Beginners was recorded on 19 May 2016. Along with the rest of the anthology, it was recorded so early — over a year prior to release — as John Barrowman was already in Cardiff for Torchwood: Outbreak.
- Captain Jack sings a rendition of "Knees Up, Mother Brown". In reality, John Barrowman is an accomplished stage musical actor.
- Jack tells Jackie that "[he] likes standing on roofs", a tongue-in-cheek reference to Torchwood, in which most episodes have scenes showing him looking over Cardiff from a rooftop.
- In Rose's absence, Jackie considers getting a "little dog". (TV: Rise of the Cybermen)
- Mickey has yet to leave home. (TV: School Reunion, Rise of the Cybermen / The Age of Steel)
- Jack tells Jackie that he travelled with the Doctor "a long time ago." (TV: The Empty Child / The Doctor Dances et al.)
- Jackie notes the string of alien invasions which started with the Ninth Doctor's arrival. (TV: Rose, Aliens of London / World War Three, The Christmas Invasion)
- As far as Jack knows, Rose believes he is dead. (TV: The Parting of the Ways)
- Keeping an eye on the Powell Estate, Jack has been waiting for the Doctor for nearly 170 years. (TV: Utopia)
- Jackie questions if the Doctor wants to see Jack again. (TV: Utopia)
- Jack calls the real world N-Space. (TV: State of Decay)
- Jack will meet Jackie again when they seperately join the Children of Time during the 21st century Dalek invasion. (TV: Journey's End)
- ↑ Radio Times staff (19 May 2016). Captain Jack's been having fun with Rose's mum - but is it a Torchwood or a Doctor Who episode?. Radio Times. Retrieved on 20 June 2017.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.