Summary[edit | edit source]
On the planet Smilonda, the top holiday destination in the 423rd century, a disgruntled holiday-maker, Grone, plans his revenge on all the tourists who have spoilt the place. Grone has been visiting regularly since he was a child and remembers the planet in the old days when it was lovely and peaceful.
To scare away the visitors, he activates a remote-controlled, giant, metal crab, which rises from out of the sea. While the Doctor is busy buying ice creams, the tourists flee the beach and Amy Pond is tossed around by the giant claws. The Doctor returns and although impressed by the magnificent crab uses his sonic screwdriver to override Grone's remote control box and turn it against him.
After digging a hole and burying Grone in the sand up to his neck, the Doctor points out that Grone doesn't own the universe and he would be better off trying to be a bit friendlier and having some fun. Very soon Grone is using the crab again, but this time as an attraction to entertain the children.
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
- This story opens with a direct reference to the Doctor and Amy's previous adventure in Ice Age Birmingham.
Original print details[edit | edit source]
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 188 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK – The Doctor and Amy are locked up!
Continuity[edit | edit source]
to be added