Warlock's Cross was the two hundred and forty-fourth story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Steve Lyons and featured Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor, with the return of Elizabeth Klein played by Tracey Childs.
It's time the truth was told. About UNIT. About the Cybermen invasion. About the so-called 'Doctor'. About what happened all those years ago, at Warlock's Cross. About the man they keep locked up in a cage, in a secret prison...
Today's the day... that UNIT falls.
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Klein - Tracey Childs
- Daniel Hopkins - Blake Harrison
- Linda Maxwell - Genevieve Gaunt
- Lewis Price - Russ Bain
- Colonel McKenna - Richard Gibson
- Gregory Lord - Tom Milligan
- Ship can't use deadly force without clearance from an organic operator. It originally had two pilots and needs a living agent to function.
- Ship is thought-powered, phasing between dimensions. It's out of phase with out reality, its molecules can become intangible or solidify with an electrical charge.
- Dark matter cannons store dark matter in their batteries. They are capable of splitting Earth in half if fired into the core.
- UNIT personnel train against psychic interference.
- It has been 7 years, 3 months, 19 days since Operation: Warlock's Cross. 8 scientists, 2 test subjects, and 1 alien perished in a thermal explosion.
- After experiencing a psychic blast, Klein feels like the whole Dalek fleet crashed into her skull.
- The Doctor mentions the Cascade of Crystal Tears.
- Daniel believes that after Ship destroys Earth, the Cybermen will return and humanity will ascend to a higher state of being.
- The sonic disruptor is connected to the Ship.
- McKenna uses the callsign "Greyhound One".
- The Doctor offers to drain Ship's batteries of psychic energy, shutting down it's intelligence circuits and finally letting it rest.
- This audio was recorded on 4 and 14 April 2018 at The Moat Studios.
- This story takes place in 1994, dating The Helliax Rift to 1984. The original mission to Warlock's Cross occurred seven years ago (1987), just after Daniel lost his family, which was five years before Hour of the Cybermen, dating that story to 1992.
- Greg has heard stories of the lizard people, (TV: Doctor Who and the Silurians) the planet of gold that was a threat to their economy, and the Martians.
- One of the patients at the Spar is infected with Krynoid spores. (TV: The Seeds of Doom)
- McKenna doesn't know who Bambara is. (TV: Battlefield)
- When asked if he carries weapons, the Doctor admits to having spoons, but only for emergencies. (TV: Time and the Rani)
- There are repeated references to the Cybermen and their dehydration plot. (AUDIO: Hour of the Cybermen)
- Klein refers to the Doctor as the "Umbrella Man." (AUDIO: Dominion)
- Klein hears the original Klein's voice before the Doctor changed her history. (AUDIO: Colditz)
- Klein knows history can be rewritten, but worries she and the Doctor could create an almighty paradox that wipes out Time itself. (TV: The Wedding of River Song)
- The Seventh Doctor previously battled another sentient Ship. (PROSE: Set Piece)