Voyage to the New World was the second special Doctor Who story in Big Finish Productions' Jago & Litefoot range. This was the second and final story where Henry Gordon Jago and George Litefoot become the Sixth Doctor's companions.
But there's something something strange here — stranger than even the colonists, led by Englishman John White.
The travellers are about to discover the secret of the lost colony... and it may cost Jago's life.
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Henry Gordon Jago - Christopher Benjamin
- George Litefoot - Trevor Baxter
- John White / George Chapman - Philip Pope
- Wanchese - Ramon Tikaram
- Sir Walter Raleigh - Mark Lockyer
- Eleanor Dare - Emerald O'Hanrahan
to be added
- The Audio CD comes with a reversible cover: On one side it is styled as a Doctor Who release, numbered 2. On the other side it is styled as a Jago & Litefoot release, numbered 4.6. The download version includes only the Doctor Who version of the cover art.
- The publisher's summary and some of the other descriptions misspell Croatoan.
- After the 2019 redesign of the Big Finish website, this release was added to The Sixth Doctor Adventures.
- This story was recorded on 25 October 2010 at the Moat Studios.
- The Doctor refers to the defeat of the Spanish Armada in 1588. (AUDIO: The Flames of Cadiz, The Devil's Armada) He was playing bowls with Sir Francis Drake when he was called away to fight the Spanish Armada. The Doctor let Drake win so that he could join the fight. (PROSE: Birthright)
- Jago refers to their recent visit to Venus in the far future. (AUDIO: Voyage to Venus)
- The Semestran Interlude are from Galaxy 4. (TV: Galaxy 4)
- Jago and Litefoot would eventually return to 1893 using Magnus Greel's time cabinet. (AUDIO: The Final Act)
- In 1899, six years later in their personal timeline, Jago and Litefoot would encounter the Doctor once again. However, he was in his fourth incarnation at that time and was travelling with Romana. (AUDIO: The Justice of Jalxar)
- Official Voyage to the New World page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Voyage to the New World at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide