- You may wish to consult
Valhalla (disambiguation)for other, similarly-named pages.
It is the first story in the monthly range to feature the Seventh Doctor without companions or other recognisable figure (Master featured the Seventh Doctor and the Master).
Welcome to Valhalla, Capital of Callisto, Jupiter's premier moon, where anything and everything is up for sale. But Valhalla isn't quite what it says in the brochures – not since Earth granted independence and cut off the supplies.
The former Doctor (FOR SALE. EXCELLENT CONDITION) visits the Job Centre and finds power cuts, barcoded citizens and monthly riots (ALL BOOKABLE.)
And then there's the problem with the termites...
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Jevvan - Michelle Gomez
- Laxton - Phillip Jackson
- Our Mother/Registry - Susannah York
- Gerium - Fraser James
- Tin-Marie - Donna Berlin
- Clerk/Sergeant/Pilot/New Tannoy - Duncan Wisbey
- Groom/Drome/Guard/Resolute Pilot/Worker 1/Marketeer - Dominic Frisby
- Worker 2 - Jack Galagher
to be added
- An illustrated preview for this story featured in DWM 383 by Martin Geraghty.
- This audio drama was recorded on 16 and 17 April 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- Michelle Gomez returned to the DWU in the form of Missy, the first female incarnation of the Master. (TV: Deep Breath, TV: Into the Dalek etc)
- Gerium was "born Earth, two, two, sixteen" (2/2/16), while Jevvan was "born Earth three, two, twenty three" (3/2/23) Furthermore, "nine, one, forty-six" (9/1/46) is said to be "next month."
- If these are indeed dates in the DD/MM/YY format, Gerium is 29 years old and Jevvan is 22 years old.
- This story is set between Survival and the 1996 TV Movie.
- This story was released on a two-disc set. It is now available as a download only.
- The Doctor survives a massive electrical shock, which causes him no permanent damage. During his tenth incarnation, he would do so again in New York City on 1 November 1930. (TV: Evolution of the Daleks)
- Official Valhalla page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Valhalla at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide