Thanks for your recent edits! We hope you'll keep on editing with us. This is a great time to have joined us, because now you can play the Game of Rassilon with us and win cool stuff! Well, okay, badges. That have no monetary value. And that largely only you can see. But still: they're cool!
We've got a couple of important quirks for a Fandom wiki, so let's get them out of the way first.
British English, please
Spoilers aren't cool
We have a strict definition of "spoiler" that you may find a bit unusual. Basically, a spoiler, to us, is anything that comes from a story which has not been released yet. So, even if you've got some info from a BBC press release or official trailer, it basically can't be referenced here. In other words, you gotta wait until the episode has finished its premiere broadcast to start editing about its contents. Please check the spoiler policy for more details.
Other useful stuff
Aside from those two things, we also have some pages that you should probably read when you get a chance, like:
- the listing of all our help, policy and guideline pages
- our Manual of Style
- our image use policy
- our user page policy
If you're brand new to wiki editing — and we all were, once! — you probably want to check out these tutorials at Wikipedia, the world's largest wiki:
Why did you remove the Snowman info from Sardicktown. I see your explanation was "Stop the Vandilism". Also you reverted my edits on Aplan Mortarium. Have you read Tardis:Manual of Style? Please explain your edits--Skittles the hog 20:06, January 1, 2011 (UTC)
Your input is needed!
You are invited to join the discussion at Forum:Can we disable visual editor please?.
Christmas cheer Edit
Twelfth Doctor Edit
Hi! I wanted to explain why your edit to Twelfth Doctor has been removed twice. Character pages, especially Doctor and companion pages, only need a paragraph per story. They don't need long detailed plot descriptions. That's what the story pages are for. If a user reads a character page and wants to know more about the story, they can click on the story page. That's what a wiki is for.
In addition, it was written in the present tense, and since you've been here for quite a long time, you should know by now that all in-universe articles are written in the past tense.
Finally, if a user's edits take too much work to fix, it is perfectly fine for an admin to remove it completely and ask for a rewrite. It is not the job of any user, even admins, to clean up after other users. I've pointed you towards what you need to do to fix your edit, and you should be able to work from there. Thanks. Shambala108 ☎ 15:47, September 21, 2014 (UTC)
Hi! Please note that we use British spelling on this wiki, as explained at Tardis:Spelling. You can find the more common differences at Tardis:Spelling cheat card. Thanks! Shambala108 ☎ 01:47, July 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Oh. Not British (I'm American) so I don't really know the difference.--WarGrowlmon18 ☎ 02:21, July 20, 2015 (UTC)
Page moves Edit
- Okay. I actually created that page minutes before and simply thought of a better title.--WarGrowlmon18 ☎ 05:10, December 6, 2015 (UTC)
Runaway Bride Edit
I not sure what the deal is. It's just the way I edit. I admit, if I will sometime fire on the inuse tag, if I feel the need for it. Usually this would be for pages that have virtually information, because there will be plenty to add. The inuse tag means I just keep the page in edit more without the fear of an edit clash.
- Really??? Hmmm... let's see... I count at least 15 edits before I got sick of clicking New Edit. That's way too much when its all one sentence things and throws the whole editing process off. You can't do that, particularly if they're just one sentence things. Its not like your making huge posts, no these are just tiny one sentence additions. You could be blocked for that. You keep that up I will petition to block you.--WarGrowlmon18 ☎ 21:36, February 14, 2016 (UTC)
- Please, for the sake of discussion, just post your reply on my talk page. Don't post in both, I don't follow User's talk pages. It makes it easier for any future reference. Secondly, I still don't see why its such a big deal. You may also want to look back at the edit history of several pages (Meat (TV story) and Series 3 (Torchwood) spring to mind.) My edit patter was the same back then as it is now. I was an admin when I made those edit and I'ms till an admin now, and there's been no policy written saying I can't edit the way I did. Lastly, please don't threat me.It can be seen as personal attack. Adding to this, I actually can't be blocked for editing the way I did, I'm sorry to say. Please read our blocking policy for more information. Thanks. MM/Want to talk? 22:02, February 14, 2016 (UTC)
Re: Twelfth Doctor Edit
Thank you Edit
Thank you for defending the wiki from overly aggressive users. In order to improve our coordination in the future, a couple of points. It is more efficient to notify an admin on their talk page than to continue undoing edits. If need be, the edits can be reverted at any time. So, unless the new state of the page makes babies cry in their prams and birds fall from the sky, it is not necessary to return the page to the original state right on the spot. What needs to be done is to suggest a discussion on a talk page and notify an admin. What should be avoided (and was avoided in this case, which I am very happy about) is replying in kind and making too many undo edits. Note that if one user makes 4 edits and the other user undoes them 4 times, then both have engaged in an edit war and both are likely to be blocked. As I said, it did not happen this time, so let it never happen to you. Thanks for keeping a cool head. Amorkuz ☎ 23:02, January 1, 2018 (UTC)
RE: Sycorax Invasion of Earth Edit
Hey there, sorry about that but I'm struggling to grasp why only you are allowed to edit it. It may be a fault on my part but could you link me to where it says that - because of the 'Inuse' template - only you can edit the page? You also removed what I added, which came off as "only my edits/additions are worthy of this page". That may not have been your intention, but it felt that way as you've effectively protected/guarded the page from other users like me.
When I've made pages, I've never felt the need to restrict others from editing and expanding said pages as I was creating them. We are a wiki after all; each page is created by every single editor who touches, not just the sole creator.
So is there a source, a policy, something I've missed that only enables you to edit that page for the next 3 days? If so, I'm happy to step back and let you do what you need to do with the page. Thanks in advance. Snivystorm ☎ 17:20, January 15, 2018 (UTC)
Okay, I understand, User:Amorkuz has clarified the issue on the pages talk page for us, though I would appreciate if you didn't write to me like that in the future. After all, the message could come off as hostile, almost an attack, which is not allowed here. I'll keep off the page though, was only trying to help by adding some stuff. Snivystorm ☎ 17:41, January 15, 2018 (UTC)
Hi, please do not move pages. Only admins can delete redirects, so we don't allow non-admins to move pages. See Thread:128198 for the proper procedures. Thanks, Shambala108 ☎ 00:55, February 2, 2018 (UTC)
- I understand that, but this is the second time I've had to inform you that only admins can move pages. It doesn't matter who made the page; the fact is that there are technical aspects to the move that only admins can do. If a non-admin does it, then an admin has to clean up afterwards. It's just easier if non-admins put a rename tag on the page so the admins can take care of it. Shambala108 ☎ 02:38, February 2, 2018 (UTC)
- Well would you mind too much if it was changed back. All that was really cut out in the longer video was Polly touching the First Doctor briefly and the Fifth Doctor explaining bat milk, none of which are important to the topic at hand - regeneration. --Borisashton ☎ 01:28, March 7, 2018 (UTC)
The reasons I put my edits back on Closing Time are the following - other cameos Of companions (e.g. Martha in The End Of Time) are listed in the featuring section. Sophie still had the (The Lodger) showing, which wasn’t right. And as for the year, it can be seen on the newspaper that the Doctor shows Craig.18.104.22.168talk to me 08:01, May 31, 2018 (UTC)
Page moves 2 Edit
Reminding you once again that only admins are permitted to move pages on this wiki. If you read the forum thread I cited above, you would understand why. Thanks, Shambala108 ☎ 04:35, January 2, 2019 (UTC)