Thanks for your edits! We hope you'll keep on editing with us. This is a great time to have joined us, because now you can play the Game of Rassilon with us and win cool stuff! Well, okay, badges. That have no monetary value. And that largely only you can see. But still: they're cool!
We've got a couple of important quirks for a Wikia wiki, so let's get them out of the way first.
British English, please
We generally use British English round these parts, so if you're American, please be sure you set your spell checker to BrEng, and take a gander at our spelling cheat card.
Spoilers aren't cool
We have a strict definition of "spoiler" that you may find a bit unusual. Basically, a spoiler, to us, is anything that comes from a story which has not been released yet. So, even if you've got some info from a BBC press release or official trailer, it basically can't be referenced here. In other words, you gotta wait until the episode has finished its premiere broadcast to start editing about its contents. Please check the spoiler policy for more details.
Other useful stuff
Aside from those two things, we also have some pages that you should probably read when you get a chance, like:
- the listing of all our help, policy and guideline pages
- our Manual of Style
- our image use policy
- our user page policy
- a list of people whose job it is to help you
If you're brand new to wiki editing — and we all were, once! — you probably want to check out these tutorials at Wikipedia, the world's largest wiki:
Numbered planets Edit
I'd greatly appreciate it if you could stay away from articles having to do with numbered planets for a while. I'm conducting some painstakingly boring (but technically necessary) edits that need to be done in an efficient manner, and it's confusing to see the same planets I think I've done come up in the recent wiki activity. Thanks :)
Okay. My bad. Sorry to disrupt it, I was just in the mood to edit and your activity made me want to do some. Apologies again. I'll let you carry on with what sounds like a very tedious thing. :)
Heya :) Thanks for trying to upload pics. Please make sure you familiarise yourself with our illustrated guide to images and our chart of image policies. In the meantime, please be sure you understand our most important policies:
- photos and screenshots must be jpgs — not pngs
- images can be no bigger than 100 kb — that's kilobytes
- images should be no narrower than 420px
- images must clearly illustrate their subjects at 420px widths
- images should have a widescreen orientation, where possible
- files must be appropriately licensed
Okay. Yeah should have realized they were bad photos. Sorry for it.
- Just wondering why you're continuing to go against our image upload guidelines, and why you seem to always upload both a .jpg and a .png of the same image, as you did with Grub.png and Grub.jpg? Please re-read the text I posted above and do not upload anything which does not comply with those simple rules. Thanks.
The PNG images are mistakes, with the JPG ones being there to to replace it, in the knowing that you will delete the PNG one. The aspect ratio was a simple mistake on my part. Sorry.
Great Intelligence Edit
Hey, your recent move of Great Intelligence to "The Great Intelligence" has been reverted. It is completely against policy to make a change while the change is still under discussion, as it is at Talk:Great Intelligence. Please read this policy and this policy to familiarize yourself with it. Shambala108 ☎ 21:02, June 27, 2013 (UTC)
Christmas cheer Edit