New pages[edit source]
Hi! Don't forget to add at least one category to every new page you create. It's ok to occasionally leave one blank if you can't find a category that fits, but it's not ok to make a bunch of pages without categories and leave someone else to add the categories. Thanks! Shambala108 ☎ 14:45, June 6, 2013 (UTC)
DWA Comic stories[edit source]
Hi! sorry been away with work for a bit and was reviewing DWA magazine generally - particularly since they cancelled the subscription deal. I know I've got some catching up to do - I've actually been scanning ALL the strip pages lol so Im ahead of you. Maybe chat sometime if you've an interested in this area :) The Librarian ☎ 17:19, June 26, 2013 (UTC)
Christmas cheer[edit source]
Two things[edit source]
Hi! Please don't capitalize the word "the" in front of names like "the Doctor" unless it's the beginning of a sentence (Tardis:Capital letters). Also, if you're talking about the Doctor's TARDIS, you use [[the Doctor's TARDIS]] ; if you are talking about TARDISes in general, you use [[TARDIS]] . Thanks. Shambala108 ☎ 12:06, October 11, 2014 (UTC)
Hi! The images you've uploaded today, while they have the proper license and are in the correct .jpg format, are the wrong dimensions. They need to be more widescreen, not square or portrait-oriented. Please read through all of our video policies, which you can find at Thread:148148. I'd really rather not have to delete your images, so if you could upload the same images cropped to the proper dimension, we won't have to undo all your work. Thanks. Shambala108 ☎ 21:22, October 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Everyone who edits on the wiki is responsible for reading our policies. I don't have time to describe the policies to each editor when we have well-thought-out and written policy pages that can explain so much better.
- Also, on an unrelated note, your signature needs to link to both your user page and your user talk page. To sign your name on a talk page, all you need to do is type ~~~~. Typing [[user:your user name]] doesn't include a link to your talk page. Thanks. Shambala108 ☎ 13:15, October 12, 2014 (UTC)
Page moves[edit source]
Hi! Please note that per Thread:128198 only admins are permitted to move pages on this wiki. Please read the thread in question for the reasons and for the proper procedure when you think a page move is needed. Thanks. Shambala108 ☎ 01:53, June 5, 2016 (UTC)
Hi! Thanks for you recent image uploads. Just a couple of pointers to make them as good as possible:
- The minimum width for images is 250px.
- They should be landscape orientation (wider than they are tall). Pictures of people should be focused on the face.
- Images should clearly illustrate their subjects at thumbnail size. Well-lit is better than dark.
- You only have to put categories on for recurring characters.
I'm going to post the same thing I'm putting at user talk:CybermanFan. Your enthusiasm is appreciated. However, we take T:SPOIL very seriously here, and T:OFF REL, a subsection of that policy is very clear on when a new story is officially released, and ceased to be a spoiler.
I'm sorry that I had to prevent your editing until around that time. T:SPOIL allows for a much longer block, but I think it'd be far more helpful to simply explain, instead, so you know for next time. In case T:OFF REL, is something you haven't read, or haven't quite understood, allow me to highlight the most important sentence for this:
- "By clearly ended, we mean that you should wait, out of an abundance of caution, until the top or bottom of the hour after the end credits roll on the global premiere broadcaster's initial showing of the episode, on their primary broadcasting channel."
In this case, since the episode ended at 8:10 on BBC One, the page for the story may not be created until 8:30, and it's only at that point that you can edit at all based on that story anywhere outside of the series 10 page and The Howling. If the show had ended at 7:50, editing could start at 8. Top or bottom of the hour, for absolute clarity, means the first time a clock would hit :00 or :30 after the time at which the show stops airing.
Thank you for taking this policy seriously, as we do, and for keeping T:OFF REL in mind for next week and beyond. If this is a problem again, consider this a first warning. Your temporary ban will be lifted as soon as I make the page for the ep.
× SOTO (☎/✍/↯) 19:32, April 15, 2017 (UTC)
RE:Title Cards[edit source]
Hey, sorry for taking a long time to answer. I read your message, but ended up forgeting to answer. It's actually a simple answer as well: I just crop the logo out before uploading. OncomingStorm12th ☎ 02:22, May 12, 2017 (UTC)
T:OFF REL again[edit source]
Thank you for coming to me. You did break T:OFF REL—by 24 minutes. If it makes you feel better, I did the same once, as a user, and got a short ban for it. That policy allows for a longer ban on the second time, but I'm just slapping this account with another 20. :) You came to me, after all, and acknowledged your mistake.
I would imagine, from my above message, and from your correspondence with me today, that you understand T:OFF REL and what top and bottom of the hour means. Lemme get real specific here:
- This is the BBC One schedule in London
- Doctor Who ended at 20:00, when Who Dares Wins started.
- Therefore, the bottom of the hour, in this case, is 20:30.
- 20:30 was the time at which editing was allowed on The Empress of Mars.
I usually create the page myself at the right time, but if all the above checks out, feel free to edit without that page created. You came to me, incidentally, only 8 minutes before editing time could begin.
Please take the duration of this short ban to look over T:OFF REL, and/or get used to the steps I outlined above to check if it's time. If Doctor Who had ended at 19:50, editing could be allowed at 12:00. Please note times used here are UK time, which may not always correspond with UTC—what you'll see on your signature. I hope we've cleared up this misunderstanding, and this won't be a problem again.
× SOTO (☎/✍/↯) 20:16, June 10, 2017 (UTC)
Hey! Just a quick reminder that only admin are allowed to upload videos to this site. If there's a video we're missing that comes from an official BBC source, feel free to provide a URL at Tardis:Video recommendations, or even to ask me directly. Thank you.
× SOTO (☎/✍/↯) 20:23, October 14, 2018 (UTC)