Hi. You've been blocked for three days because, after you asked two people how to move pages and they told you only admins can do so, you did it anyway. The thing is, page moves require certain steps that only admins can do; when non-admins do it, it leaves a mess that the admins have to clean up. So it's easier to just have admins do it.
During your block, please read Thread:128198 for the correct procedure when you want a page moved. In addition, I suggest you visit Help and browse through our various policies so you'll know how we do things here. Thanks. Shambala108 ☎ 16:00, June 25, 2017 (UTC)
Hi, you've been blocked for 12 hours to stop some unconstructive editing. Someone will have to clean up your recent edits, which is why your block is for 12 hours.
Basically, what you're doing is adding incorrect categories to articles. During your block, please read through all category pages located at Category:Categorisation. Our category system is nested, which means that, for example, the category Category:Individual TARDISes is located inside several other categories. Therefore it is not necessary (and can hamper the efficient running of bots on this site) to put these other categories on pages.
In the future, if you think multiple pages are missing the same kind of thing, ask someone. You're new here and it can take a while to learn all the rules here.
RE: Citation Edit
Clocksmith's TARDIS Edit
Hi. The reason the page was deleted before was "multiple issues". But I don't remember what they were. Why don't you create the page again and let me know, then I'll walk you through the issues. Thanks, Shambala108 ☎ 00:48, August 5, 2018 (UTC)
Hi, please refrain from adding categories to pages. We have a pretty complex category system as well as several rules for using categories. From your edits today, I can see that you don't yet understand our system, as I had to undo a dozen of your edits. Please read through our rules at Tardis:Categorisation, and if you think an old page is missing a category, I suggest you ask for advice first. Thanks, Shambala108 ☎ 13:26, August 13, 2018 (UTC)
RE:The Clocksmith's TARDIS Edit
No worries, no trouble at all. I didn't see that thread but I don't see any reason why that page would be set to American English. Maybe best ask an admin if you are unsure. Happy editing :) LauraBatham ☎ 06:09, August 17, 2018 (UTC)
Re: Unbound Tardises Edit
Hi, sorry I took so long to get back to you; I'm in the middle of a massive cleanup here and kinda just forgot. Anyway, unfortunately I don't know anything about the Unbound; I suggest you try User:Amorkuz and if he can't help you, then we'll see who might be able to. Thanks for your understanding, Shambala108 ☎ 14:13, September 25, 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, no it's okay - I understand. I'm glad you got back. I've only got three major Unbound stories - the Full Fathom Five story, the Sympathy for the Devil story, and Auld Mortality - and I've got A Storm of Angels and Masters of War. I was thinking of adding the TARDISes from those three examples to the main page, and if I get the one where the Valeyard takes over then I'd like to add that.
- But I'll speak to Amorkuz, see what happens with him.
- But between us, do you think it's okay? TTFN --Saint2 ☎ 14:22, September 25, 2018 (UTC)
Ok, so let's think. First of all, all of the unbound stories were accepted as valid in Thread:207240. And everything in a valid story is fair game for editing. To try and keep some semblance of order, perhaps, it would make sense to create a special category for them with some obvious names like Category:Alternate timeline TARDISes (by analogy with Category:Alternate timeline individuals) and put them there. I would also put info about them into some such subsection in other pages. This would make sure that characteristics potentially unique to Parallel universe (Sympathy for the Devil) are not easily mixed with those of the prime DWU. Amorkuz ☎ 22:13, September 26, 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, thanks for getting back to me. But about categories, is it okay if I put them in the Individual TARDIS page, or should I just put them into a whole new category? Thank you. Goodnight for now. --Saint2 ☎ 22:34, September 26, 2018 (UTC)
- Well, let us try mimicking the category structure for Time Lords. The Doctor (Sympathy for the Devil) belongs both to Category:Alternate versions of the Doctor and to Category:Individual Time Lords. However, the latter is only necessary because it participates in the Game of Rassilon. Otherwise it would have been redundant. Thus, the idea is to create a category Category:Alternate timeline TARDISes, place it within Category:Individual TARDISes (assuming there are 3 or more of them of course) and put all the new pages into the "Alternate timeline TARDISes" category. Beware though that each new page must also be put into Category:Vehicles, once again because of the Game of Rassilon. Amorkuz ☎ 22:52, September 26, 2018 (UTC)
- Good morning - I'm still not entirely sure how to place that kind of link into another category home and if I am honest I am afraid to try in case I get something wrong and you or another admin have to clean up the mess, but I can write out the three Unbound TARDISes that I know and upload them. It will take me only a short time, I'm looking forward to it. --Saint2 ☎ 06:51, September 27, 2018 (UTC)
Off-topic Discussions Edit
Parallel universes Edit
Hi, and thank you. I started out by searching through all story pages in which that parallel universe happened (in this case, Sympathy for the Devil, Masters of War, and all stories in The Unbound Universe and Ruler of the Universe). Then, I added Category:Parallel universe (Sympathy for the Devil) individuals to all individuals linked in those pages, and then created that category (the same for locations). Not sure if I was able to answer your question, but hope it helped. OncomingStorm12th ☎ 22:48, November 10, 2018 (UTC)
More or less. You see, I was thinking of doing the same thing you've done to an Unbound story. But I'm uncertain about how to set it up.
- Hmm, ok. I imagine that by "how to set it up" you mean how to build the "category tree" of the categories you create? If so, you can check Category:Parallel universe (Sympathy for the Devil), see what categories are within in, and which categories I used on that. But on a general idea, let's say we were to make categories for Auld Mortality. Basically, you would need:
- Category:Parallel universe (Auld Mortality) for Parallel universe (Auld Mortality) (which doesn't exist right now, but could be made) and to "house" the categories below.
- Category:Parallel universe (Auld Mortality) individuals. This one would go under "Category:Parallel universe (Auld Mortality)" and Category:Alternate timeline individuals
- Category:Parallel universe (Auld Mortality) locations. This one would go under "Category:Parallel universe (Auld Mortality)" and Category:Alternate timeline locations
- Category:Parallel universe (Auld Mortality) organisations. This one would go under "Category:Parallel universe (Auld Mortality)" and Category:Organisations
Of course, if for any of the above there aren't 3 or more pages, then the category shouldn't be created. Again, unsere if I made my ideas 100% clear, but if you wish to, start making them for one story, and later on I'll help by coming back here and/or cleaning up. OncomingStorm12th ☎ 23:02, November 10, 2018 (UTC)
Okay, sure. Thanks for the offer, it would be appreciated to have some help. It's too late for me to do that right now. I think I might try tomorrow. Yep, I wanted to started a new category tree for one of the Unbound Doctor Who stories and build it up from there. --Saint2 ☎ 23:06, November 10, 2018 (UTC)
Hello again. So do I just go to the category bar and type in Parallel Universe so on and so on? Sorry, I just want to clarify on a few points. Hope you're well. --Saint2 ☎ 13:26, November 11, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes, all you have to do is type the name of the category there. Later, once you added it to all relevant pages, you just click on it, and then created it.
- On another subject, when you're answering someone, please answer on their talk page (this way, they will be notified that you left a message). The fact that I've been answering you is pure "luck" that I say you leaving messages on your own page, but generally this won't be true, specially with admins. OncomingStorm12th ☎ 13:37, November 11, 2018 (UTC)