- 1 Tag
- 2 Piscons
- 3 Behold the Christabel
- 4 Page moves
- 5 Twelfth Doctor page
- 6 RE: Comic Images
- 7 Barnaby Edwards (actor) links
- 8 This is important
- 9 HTML tags
- 10 Image for Bremm
- 11 RE: Spoiler Policy
- 12 SoundCloud
- 13 Audio stories
- 14 Oops
- 15 complex merges and exchanges
- 16 Re: ellipses
- 17 Re:British English
- 18 Reply
- 19 Forge infobox image
- 20 Classic Doctors, New Monsters
- 21 We Are the/The Daleks
- 22 Cult Box
- 23 Re: Spacing
- 24 Vienna postmortem and The Unbound Universe
- 25 Encyclopedic
- 26 Damascus
- 27 Prisoners of Time pages
- 28 Prisoners of Time pages
- 29 Comic categories
- 30 The Whispering Galery
- 31 Your input is needed
- 32 Quirke
- 33 Change your favourite wikis list
- 34 Image
- 35 Your thoughts
- 36 User blockage
- 37 Signature
- 38 Categories
- 39 Images
- 40 Removing/Deleting posts
- 41 Apologies
- 42 Reverting vandalism on your page
- 43 Can you close some threads?
- 44 Re: Plagiarism
- 45 Discussions spoiler announcement
- 46 When Times Change
Behold the Christabel
Thanks for making it right. In hindsight, why didn't I think of putting the author into BhS? Oh, well, I will learn some day.
Also, just to make sure: I don't think the titular character of the poem, a girl named Christabel, should be given her own page. My reasoning: she has no significance to DWU outside of the poem. Plus her page would be a third "Christabel..." page, making it necessary to create a disambiguation page, which would definitely be too much ado about nothing. Amorkuz ☎ 18:34, January 28, 2016 (UTC)
Twelfth Doctor page
Hello. I was wondering if it's possible to make the Twelfth Doctor page editable only by registered users? I noticed for several days last month unregistered user, 22.214.171.124, began coming onto the wiki with the sole purpose of changing the spouse section from River to Clara and after a week of this got banned for the behavior. Two days later another unregistered user, 126.96.36.199, popped up and began deleting River's name and/or the spouse section in the infobox. A couple other IPs that are only one digit off at the end also keep coming around to trade off changing the Twelfth Doctor page to do the same thing: 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, and 220.127.116.11. It's too much of a coincidence for those four not to be the same person. Given the timing, I'm also wondering if the person with loosely varied IPs is also the same person who had been banned two days prior for extremely similar actions. Mewiet ☎ 23:22, February 8, 2016 (UTC)
RE: Comic Images
Sorry about that mess you had to clean up.
Is the Houdini image I uploaded last week too big? http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/File:Houdini_in_straight_jacket.jpg
Also, since you're already fixing my mistakes, could you delete this? http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/File:Harry_Houdini_in_straight_jacket.png
I'm scanning these pictures (which you can probably already see as your pictures are of higher quality). I now understand that my picture didn't have enough focus on the reporter, but is it okay in all other aspects? TheChampionOfTime ☎ 20:48, February 15, 2016 (UTC)
Hello P&P, please go and check out the Doctor Who Reviews Wiki. Where you can review Doctor Who Stories! Go to: http://doctor-who-reviews.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_Who_Reviews_Wikia
Thank You! (Sorry if this is annoying)
This is important
Dear P&P, I've goofed big-time! Delete doctor_who_magazine_498_cover.jpg as soon as you read this message! I only read the warning when it was too late! The Champion of Time ☎ 20:27, April 19, 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for catching that missing link. On a completely different note, which you may already know about, I'm making a Doctor navigation box. It is currently missing a section for the Doctors this wiki considers invalid, but do you think that this has potential to become something used on this wiki? If so, then could you please give me tips on how to make it less ugly (if you have any)? The Champion of Time ☎ 23:19, April 19, 2016 (UTC)
First of all, I apologize: you had to remove some HTML tagging after me several times by now. But I still do not understand why they occur.
This time my edits were reasonably simple, so I remember exactly what I did. I hope we could figure out how to avoid this in the future. This was a simple edit, so I used the visual editor (clicked on "edit" to the right of the section name). Then I cut and pasted the paragraph in which the HTML tags appeared. After which I edited manually another paragraph where the tags did not appear. So my guess is: cutting and pasting in the visual editor causes unwanted HTML code pollution. This is consistent with my memory of other cases when HTML tags occurred and had to be removed (sometimes I needed to switch to the text editor and saw them myself).
Is this a known issue? Is it browser/OS specific (I am using Safari on OS X)? While I am comfortable with the text editor, I would still like to be able to use the visual editor from time to time. Is it known whether only pasting in the visual editor causes this to happen? I would feel bad if my edits would force admins to clean up after me, and the problems are invisible in the visual editor, so pretty much cleaning after myself means that I don't use the visual editor anyway. Is it maybe possible to have a bot removing these tags? Or could you recommend some other solution that still allows me to use the visual editor without bothering you or other admins? Amorkuz ☎ 22:05, April 22, 2016 (UTC)
Image for Bremm
Before you delete the image, I hope to persuade you that it can be used. Let me try to counteract at least some of your objections:
- I know that promotional images are not optimal, but this is an audio, so CD cover and CD booklet are the only available images, and they have been used to illustrate characters. (By the way, can we use images from Vortex? And if so which license to use for them?)
- You might say that one should use an image of a Cyberman from TV. But Cybermen were depicted in very different ways, even ones from Mondas proper. In addition, this is a rare case of an individual Cyberman, one with a name. So I claim that this picture depicts an individual rather than a representative of a race.
- But how do I know it's Bremm and not Gramm, you might ask: there are two Cybermen in the story. Well, now you got me. Bremm is actually supposed to have a wooden arm during the story, and Gramm has first three arms and then four. So this is not a picture of any of them during the story. This is a picture of both of them in the uninjured state. So it might be said that this picture does not pertain to the story proper but only to flashbacks.
RE: Spoiler Policy
My mistake, I was under the impression that minor spoilers such as the appearance of a character were limited to the TV shows. Granted, you could perhaps make a case for the fact that David Warner appears on one of the covers of those new audio dramas dressed as Cuthbert, with cover itself typically counting as well-publicized, but you could also say that due to the nature of audio stories, you typically can't deduce the identities of the characters on the cover until you listen to the story. –Nahald ☎ 01:17, April 29, 2016 (UTC)
I think that adding trailers is an awesome idea. Thank you for doing it. But adding full audios for those stories that are available via SoundCloud is even better. To me, both are a brilliant new addition to the infobox.
Hi! A couple of months before you started editing here, a project was started to compile lists of audio story credits of crew members. After fizzling out for a couple of years, interest has been revived in the project. Since you are interested in the audio stories, you might be interested in the project. If so, please check out Thread:137970 for the guidelines of what we are doing. Thanks! Shambala108 ☎ 02:21, May 31, 2016 (UTC)
- That's too bad, we only had about three people doing it before, which is probably why it died down a couple of years ago.
- I left a message on PapiDimmi's page because he was complaining that you didn't have to block him. It turns out he was using a bot, so who knows how many more edits he would have done if you had just messaged him. Shambala108 ☎ 02:58, June 3, 2016 (UTC)
Sorry about the empty Mary. I honestly have no idea how it happened. The visual editor was kinda glitchy all day yesterday, so I had to several edits several times on more than one occasion. Needless to say, had I realised that I had inadvertently erased everything, I would have restored it. Thanks for noticing and bringing it back. Amorkuz ☎ 06:11, June 1, 2016 (UTC)
complex merges and exchanges
Dear P&P, I've lined up three somewhat non-trivial changes. None of them is completely covered by T:SPEEDY and they require more attention from an admin than is usual (methinks). Thus, I am asking for your help. I'm ready to do the footwork (changing links), but am not sure what is the best way to do that. Also, it always pays to ask an admin to confirm my reading of the policy. Here are the three cases:
- Two pages that need to be more or less swapped: Doctor Who? and Doctor Who? (Doctormania). The undabbed one is older but is not in-universe. The dabbed one is recent but in-universe. It is my understanding of T:DAB that the in-universe should be undabbed. In other words, the now-undabbed one needs to be moved to Doctor Who? (comic strip) or something like that, and then the now-dabbed one moved to the now-undabbed one. It seems that one should start with moving the undabbed one to something else. I'd be happy to prepare the links if you approve the move.
- The same situation with Doctor Who Appreciation Society and Doctor Who Appreciation Society (Doctormania). Again, I would be happy to prepare the links for moving the now-undabbed one to Doctor Who Appreciation Society (real world) or something if the move is approved.
- Rupert (Dog of War!) should be merged into Rupert (The Roundheads). Then I propose renaming the result to Rupert of the Rhine, which is explicitly mentioned in Dog of War! (according to its page). I've already prepared links for the merge. I'm not sure if the list of merges is accessible by admins the same way as speedy renames are, so decided to ask for help too.
- I thought it's better to ask about things I've not dealt with before. Thank you for dealing with Rupert. I'll move the links for Doctor Who? then. Amorkuz ☎ 14:56, June 30, 2016 (UTC)
- UPD. Actually, there are a lot of links (>100) to that page. I'm afraid this is a job for a bot. I'll ask CzechOut. Amorkuz ☎ 15:04, June 30, 2016 (UTC)
Oops, sorry, forgot to answer this one.
Sometimes, when editors type text off-site (like in a document), then import it here, the punctuation marks don't match. This is true for apostrophes and quotation marks; and as far as I know (and I could very easily be wrong), ellipses are the same. If there is a way to make just the ellipse in source mode, I'm not aware of it, so I just change the imported ellipses to the periods. If it's a problem I could stop doing it, but I will continue to change the other punctuation marks that don't match. Thanks. Shambala108 ☎ 03:41, July 6, 2016 (UTC)
You're welcome and thanks for correcting where I shouldn't have done it.05:09, July 8, 2016 (UTC)
Seems I'm breaking all the rules today. :(
Say, could you explain something to me. There's this line in the novelisation on Survival that says it's Ace first time back on Earth since Curse of Fenric. Now that line is being used in a debate called Seventh Doctor: Story Placement for a pro-broadcast debate. What confuses me is that the rule concerning novelisations it that its canon if it doesn't contradict the TV story. But, if something contradicts the television story, shouldn't the whole novelization be considered non-valid?BananaClownMan ☎ 15:32, July 21, 2016 (UTC)
Forge infobox image
Template:Infobox Organisation says that logos are best for an organisation's infobox. This image from the cover of Project: Valhalla depicts the Forge's logo alongside Nimrod, the director of the Forge. Might I ask how the "image is not really representative of the organisation"? CoT ☎ 03:27, July 25, 2016 (UTC)
- That's what I thought was the case. The trouble is there aren't any pictures of the Forge as a group (as far as I'm aware). Does anything come to mind for you? CoT ☎ 04:20, July 26, 2016 (UTC)
Classic Doctors, New Monsters
Why is "rename" better suited than "speedy rename" for Classic Doctors, New Monsters (audio anthology)? The title of the anthology is clearly "Classic Doctors, New Monsters Volume 1" (as stated both on the cover and the official Big Finish page). A similar case happens on The Churchill Years (audio anthology) where the "Volume 1" is missing on the title, and there is a "speedy rename" on the page. OncomingStorm12th ☎ 17:46, July 28, 2016 (UTC)
We Are the/The Daleks
- Why did you move We Are the Daleks (audio story) to We Are The Daleks (audio story)? The first way is correct title case. Fwhiffahder ☎ 01:42, August 4, 2016 (UTC)
Sorry...but on some of the pages (the CON pages for example) it was the only way that I could get all three buttons (real world, CON and images icons) to fit on the page and not have the first few letters smashed at the top.
I see that most of them have been corrected. My apologies. As I said, thought I had figured out a way to fix the layout of the page...obviously, that solution won't work. Thanks... Mister Fifty ☎ 19:29, August 26, 2016 (UTC)
It's actually an old problem. If you look at my talk page, there's an hypercube from June (under CON pages) where I've asked about it. If it looks ok on your screen, it might just be me. Apparently, I can't upload anything on it though Mister Fifty ☎ 19:55, August 26, 2016 (UTC)
Vienna postmortem and The Unbound Universe
On Thread:197392, I'm directly comparing The Unbound Universe to Vienna through the concept of "retroactive validity". Because you closed Vienna, you may be the best person to talk to here. bwburke94 (wall) (bot) 22:10, August 27, 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for tidying up my edit to Damascus (Audio Story). Apologies for the edit to give the title for this months' release - my brain can't see that as a spoiler!
Prisoners of Time pages
Prisoners of Time pages
Hey. I noticed you started moving links for the Prisoners of Time comic stories. However, currently you have simply made Cat and Mouse (comic story) a redirect to POT 7. Is it ok if I move the comic content to Cat and Mouse (comic story) (if I can't do this for not being an admin, could you do it please?). This way, only the information concerning the magazine issue would be kept at POT 7. (Making these pages more similar to the way we handle comics pages, like it was recently done for the Four Doctors (comic story) page) OncomingStorm12th ☎ 23:47, September 12, 2016 (UTC)
Hey, thanks for the links provided. I believe I only missed these templates on pages that had more than (comic story) on the dab term (but now I've learned how to add them). If I have forgotten any, please warn me up or feel free to add these please. OncomingStorm12th ☎ 21:36, September 13, 2016 (UTC)
The Whispering Galery
Per Tardis:Magazine issues, shouldn't there be a page for the comic story and a different page for the comic book itself? I know this was a one-shot story, but I don't se a point in not having a "TWG" page just because of that. OncomingStorm12th ☎ 23:36, October 9, 2016 (UTC)
Your input is needed
Hi, as you're an experienced editor and a very good admin. I think that your input is needed at http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:199945#4, thanks best wishes. DENCH-and-PALMER ☎ 19:10, October 19, 2016 (UTC)
It was an ident the Pauline Quirke thing, an adaption of the promotion and it was longer than 3 seconds plus they're other ident longer. There should have been at least a discussion before it was deleted. I think it should be recreated, at least as the thing exists and it was licensed. Denchen ☎ 21:52, November 2, 2016 (UTC)
Meant to post it here.
Unfortunately I only have a version on the computer, not on the internet. It's about 20 seconds long all in all, which is longer than the 2009 BBC Christmas ident. It features a some what narrative, no more than any other ident but it's there. May I recreate the pages as they are officially licensed and portray a narrative and feature a cracking piece of DW fun that should be noted. Best wishes. Denchen ☎ 22:02, November 2, 2016 (UTC)
Change your favourite wikis list
Hi P&P, you might want to remove the Paul Magrs Wikia from your list of favourite wikis as it basically insults you and all the work you've done at tardis on its front page. CoT ? 01:20, November 16, 2016 (UTC)
- Hi. This is the person who made the Paul Magrs wiki. I'm just stopping by (some of) the talk pages TheChampionOfTime has been making these comments on to clarify the concerns s/he has had: You may have noticed that the front page of that wiki refers to the editors of this wiki here as "fascist bastards." That's meant to be tongue in cheek, and not a serious criticism. You may also have noticed that a lot of story pages are shamelessly duplicated from pages on this wiki. That's not plagiarism; I used the Wikia import/export feature to preserve the edit history so that all the authors are properly cited, and the license (CC-BY-SA) is followed. Fwhiffahder ☎ 02:36, November 16, 2016 (UTC)
I don't know if this is how one goes about it but, what are your thoughts on my nominating User:OncomingStorm12th. See link.
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Tardis:User_rights_nominations - Sir DENCH-and-PALMER ☎ 22:24, December 27, 2016 (UTC)
I'm contacting you becuase you're usually active.
Please can you block the following isp user 18.104.22.168 with immediate effect, they have been adding profanities into the page Controller (Bad Wolf) , and undoing the revisions that clear it up. The profanity is namely the C word.
Best wishes pal. Denchen 19:11, December 31, 2016 (UTC)
Fixed my signature pal. Denchen 20:50, December 31, 2016 (UTC)
- Test to see if it's fixed.
- Additionally, may I ask a favour of you P&P?
- I've recently been adding uncontroversial speedy renames to pages, such as where a dab terms like (TV story) is needed. Could you do me a big favour and take a look at the candidates for SR and rename the ones that are ready, some of them are story titles like The Web of Caves which can be changed straight away and have a redirect left behind.
- On a seperate note, Nation Television Awards sketch 2011 should really be changed to its official title of National Television Awards special, however that's another problem for another day.
You recently added the categories back to The Five Doctors (TV story) page after I edited it. This for some reason happened with Day of the Daleks (TV story) too. Could you fix it? Thanks. --22.214.171.124talk to me 20:30, January 3, 2017 (UTC)
I want my posts in the Fact checking category of Doctor Who Discussions to be removed/deleted. Reason: need speculation (opinions and theories). Not facts.
 Rose's question of Doctor 9's Northern English accent
 Rose's frustration of the TARDIS Translation circuit
 David Tennant's accent
 Earth-like Gallifrey
 Rose not noticing that Mickey is plastic
 Black & White
 "Doctor, stop being childish."
 Regeneration - Changing sex/gender
 Regeneration: Subconscious
 Second Doctor errors
 12th Doctor is the 13th incarnation?
 Peri's Death
 Doctor 9's reaction to Rose's changing history
 Something special about Christmas
I know I am not allowed to edit other user's pages. And you, of course, are better equipped for dealing with vandalism. So I apologise for interfering and restoring your page to the previous state (it was by cut-and-paste since the two vandalic edits overlap and, hence, preclude a simple undo). However it maybe, after the second user decided to vandalise your page, I thought it would be better to react now rather than wait till you return and set things right. Once again, sorry for the intrusion. Amorkuz ☎ 15:17, January 18, 2017 (UTC)
Reverting vandalism on your page
Hello P&P. I came here to formally apologise for editing your personal page. The reason I did it was:
- Your page had already been vandalised two or three times in that day! (sorry it happened as well. No user should have their page vandalised, let alone an admin who puts so much effort around the wiki.)
- I wasn't fully aware I was not supposed to do it, even if it was to revert vandalism. I assure it won't happen again, and I hope that you don't feel offended or mad with me (or the other users who acted similarly). I assure you we only aimed for the best. OncomingStorm12th ☎ 15:09, January 19, 2017 (UTC)
Can you close some threads?
There are several inclusion debates that have reached a conclusion and should be closed: Infidel's Comet, Imaginary Boys, Baker's End, and Scream of the Shalka. All in favor of validity...though your opinion on the Shalka thread's result may differ. --Pluto2 (talk) 00:41, January 25, 2017 (UTC)
Hi, P&P, I'm Timewalkerauthor. I saw that you reverted a number of my recent edits, and left a plagiarism warning. I imagine you're seeing the material elsewhere at one of three places: Reddit's /r/Gallifrey subreddit (username /u/twcsata), or one of two blogs (timewalkerauthor.wordpress.com or timelordarchives.wordpress.com). I think there's been a misunderstanding; I'm not plagiarizing, I'm the original author of the material in all three locations. I'm recycling some of my own material, as I think it is appropriate for use here as well. I can provide proof if necessary, although I'm not sure what you would accept as proof. If this is satisfactory to you, I'd like to have the edits added back in. Thank you!Timewalkerauthor ☎ 02:29, February 3, 2017 (UTC)
- For what it's worth, I (/u/wtfbbc) am a mod at /r/gallifrey, and (if need be) I can verify that /u/twcsata (the author of these summaries, per reddit and the cited wordpress sites) has identified himself as Timewalkerauthor both on reddit and in a chat server. As a "self-plagiarist", he's perfectly satisfying CC-BY-SA. NateBumber ☎ 04:09, February 3, 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for reconsidering. I already reverted the pages, with appropriate edit summaries. I'll also add that notation to future similar edits as much as possible. Thank you again!Timewalkerauthor ☎ 15:17, February 3, 2017 (UTC)
Discussions spoiler announcement
Cos Discussions users won't see the highlight, could the announcement be cross-posted there? Was about to make a post there but the absence of posts seemed to suggest it wasn't allowed - seems like I was right.
When Times Change
I'd like to discuss the deletion of When Times Change... (short story). While it's true that Candy Jar does not have rights to the Doctor, the Doctor never actually appears, and is only mentioned by name three times. I understand if this still invalidates the story, but by that logic shouldn't Mean Streets (novel) (references the Daleks), And Not a Drop to Drink (short story) (references TARDISes) Slouching Towards Det-Sen (short story) (references the Doctor by name), Ashes of the Inferno (short story) (references the Doctor by name), etc., also be not valid?
I'm not suggesting that these stories are not actually valid, of course, but I think there should be some non-subjective criteria for diagnosing a story as valid or not valid.