Thanks for your edits! We hope you'll keep on editing with us. This is a great time to have joined us, because now you can play the Game of Rassilon with us and win cool stuff! Well, okay, badges. That have no monetary value. And that largely only you can see. But still: they're cool!
We've got a couple of important quirks for a Wikia wiki, so let's get them out of the way first.
British English, please
We generally use British English round these parts, so if you're American, please be sure you set your spell checker to BrEng, and take a gander at our spelling cheat card.
Spoilers aren't cool
We have a strict definition of "spoiler" that you may find a bit unusual. Basically, a spoiler, to us, is anything that comes from a story which has not been released yet. So, even if you've got some info from a BBC press release or official trailer, it basically can't be referenced here. In other words, you gotta wait until the episode has finished its premiere broadcast to start editing about its contents. Please check the spoiler policy for more details.
Other useful stuff
Aside from those two things, we also have some pages that you should probably read when you get a chance, like:
- the listing of all our help, policy and guideline pages
- our Manual of Style
- our image use policy
- our user page policy
- a list of people whose job it is to help you
If you're brand new to wiki editing — and we all were, once! — you probably want to check out these tutorials at Wikipedia, the world's largest wiki:
Hi :) Thanks for trying to improve our coverage of The Idiot's Lantern by adding a video through the Related Videos module. However, that system is very much in beta, and only admin should mess with it. Our local policy in unequivocal: please don't use it to upload videos to this site. Thanks :)
- Additionally, we have a very strict policy against the uploading of videos that do not come from the official channels of the BBC or its franchisees. Your video came from an ordinary YouTube user and was therefore illegal.
River Song Edit
Hi! Two things about your recent edit at River Song.
- We use British spelling on this wiki. You can read more at Tardis:Spelling.
- Please do not remove links that lead nowhere. Unless they are mistakes/misspellings, we use redlinks to let editors know what pages need to be created. You can read more at Tardis:Redlinks.