Thanks for your edits! We hope you'll keep on editing with us. This is a great time to have joined us, because now you can play the Game of Rassilon with us and win cool stuff! Well, okay, badges. That have no monetary value. And that largely only you can see. But still: they're cool!
We've got a couple of important quirks for a Wikia wiki, so let's get them out of the way first.
British English, please
We generally use British English round these parts, so if you're American, please be sure you set your spell checker to BrEng, and take a gander at our spelling cheat card.
Spoilers aren't cool
We have a strict definition of "spoiler" that you may find a bit unusual. Basically, a spoiler, to us, is anything that comes from a story which has not been released yet. So, even if you've got some info from a BBC press release or official trailer, it basically can't be referenced here. In other words, you gotta wait until the episode has finished its premiere broadcast to start editing about its contents. Please check the spoiler policy for more details.
Other useful stuff
Aside from those two things, we also have some pages that you should probably read when you get a chance, like:
- the listing of all our help, policy and guideline pages
- our Manual of Style
- our image use policy
- our user page policy
- a list of people whose job it is to help you
If you're brand new to wiki editing — and we all were, once! — you probably want to check out these tutorials at Wikipedia, the world's largest wiki:
Meta crisis doctor Edit
Hi please stop making the edits you've made at Meta-Crisis Tenth Doctor. Your edit summary is incorrect because of Tardis:In-universe perspective, and your edits themselves also violated that policy. Please make yourself familiar with it.
Also, please note that if a more experienced user keeps removing your edits, your best bet is to ask them, either on the article talk page or their talk page, why your edits were undone. To continue reverting their edits violates Tardis:Edit wars are good for absolutely nothing thanks. Shambala108 ☎ 23:46, October 24, 2019 (UTC)
- The edits made on the Meta-Crisis Doctor page incorrect and go against canon. The new alias (Corin) only has precedence to the storybook and not the in-universe show or the Big Finish audios. Any edits made are following aforementioned policies. For the name to be used across all medium references or in the info is incorrect.
- This is not my only fandom account. I just limit continual edits to when something is incorrect. I was not intending to start an 'edit war'.ibelieveinher ☎ 23:46, October 24, 2019 (UTC)
- Hi, I need to explain what this wiki's purpose is, and hopefully you'll see why your edits have been removed. (First, however, I wasn't accusing you of edit warring, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the policy.)
- For in-universe articles, we are trying to make a narrative/history of the Doctor and assorted people associated with him and spin-offs. We try to write from an outside, neutral perspective, almost as if we are historians chronicling the Doctor's history.
- When an author (book, comic, audio, etc) adds something that expands on something from the tv show(s), we treat that as part of the overall narrative. Therefore, even if only one story names a character something, then we write the article with that in mind.
- Because this is Doctor Who, and its writers don't care about continuity (or what each other write), there are often contradictions. We take care of those by writing statements like, "According to one account, the Doctor did this. Other accounts suggested that he did this instead."
- I think there has been a miscommunication somewhere because we are both talking about the same thing.
- I completely understand that. That is why I made the edits I made in the first place. The narrative I edited included neutral statements like you mentioned, i.e. neutral one story vs another. The name 'Corin' falls into this category precisely and therefor should not be referenced in sections regarding the show or Big Finish Audio stories.
- Because Doctor Who is so expansive and conflicting from medium to medium, citing an alias from one can not and should not be used for another. The term Meta-Crisis Doctor is the common factor throughout them all and should therefore be the term/name used when referring to the character in any broad sense. ibelieveinher ☎ 00:29, October 25, 2019 (UTC)
Deleting posts on talk pages Edit
Hi, I would like to point out that it is not allowed to delete or significantly modify your own past comments. It is absolutely unacceptable to tamper in any way with comments by others. Both your own post and a post of another user were deleted after your edit here. I understand that you are a new user and may not be familiar with our rules or the Fandom editing interface. In order to prevent this from happening in the future, I suggest that you use the preview function before posting. If you have further questions, do not hesitate asking Administrators. Amorkuz ☎ 08:55, October 25, 2019 (UTC)
Hi, I would also like to point out that, as a matter of fact, you have engaged in an edit war according to Tardis:Edit wars are good for absolutely nothing. Here, on Tardis wiki, a war takes place if you revert edits of others 4 times within 36 hours. This happened 5 times in your case between 22:57 on October 24th and 00:56 on October 25th, as you were removing "Corin" from the page. One of these edits was you undoing an edit by an admin with the explicit instruction "do not revert this again please". Thus, independently of your intentions, you should know that you did violate the rules. Please make sure, in the future, to switch to a talk page for a civilised discussion before the threshold of an edit war is crossed. Edit summaries do not serve as an adequate substitute of a discussion. Additionally, please make sure to follow instructions of admin.
The edit war on Meta-Crisis Tenth Doctor was completely unnecessary and, as you can now see, did not help you achieve any of your goals. Additionally, it did lead to several blocks, which could have been easily avoided. I hope that this situation does not repeat in the future. Amorkuz ☎ 09:23, October 25, 2019 (UTC)
- I did undo reverted edits from another user and then reached out to them to ask but I did not knowingly undo an edit from an admin. If I did I wholeheartedly apologize. That was not my intention, nor was starting any kind of edit war. I am in no way affiliated with the people who vandalized the page, whose posts were trolling comments. Those are posts I removed, perhaps that’s what you’re seeing? The discussion that has taken place in the Meta-Crisis talk page has been constructive and healthy. --Ibelieveinher ☎ 15:00, October 25, 2019 (UTC)