Thanks for your edits! We hope you'll keep on editing with us. This is a great time to have joined us, because now you can play the Game of Rassilon with us and win cool stuff! Well, okay, badges. That have no monetary value. And that largely only you can see. But still: they're cool!
We've got a couple of important quirks for a Wikia wiki, so let's get them out of the way first.
British English, please
We generally use British English round these parts, so if you're American, please be sure you set your spell checker to BrEng, and take a gander at our spelling cheat card.
Spoilers aren't cool
We have a strict definition of "spoiler" that you may find a bit unusual. Basically, a spoiler, to us, is anything that comes from a story which has not been released yet. So, even if you've got some info from a BBC press release or official trailer, it basically can't be referenced here. In other words, you gotta wait until the episode has finished its premiere broadcast to start editing about its contents. Please check the spoiler policy for more details.
Other useful stuff
Aside from those two things, we also have some pages that you should probably read when you get a chance, like:
- the listing of all our help, policy and guideline pages
- our Manual of Style
- our image use policy
- our user page policy
- a list of people whose job it is to help you
If you're brand new to wiki editing — and we all were, once! — you probably want to check out these tutorials at Wikipedia, the world's largest wiki:
- 1 Edits
- 2 Images
- 3 Images
- 4 Edits
- 5 Block
- 6 Discussion policy
- 7 Dalek question
- 8 Watchmen
- 9 Citadel etc
- 10 Re: The Infinity Doctors
- 11 Block
- 12 NOTDWU
- 13 Last Great Time War
- 14 Image deletion
- 15 Reverted edits at Regeneration
- 16 Black Sun question
- 17 Merge
- 18 Accusations against living people
- 19 Category
- 20 Man with the Rosette as family
- 21 Merging pages
- 22 RE: Shalka Doctor
- 23 Merge tags
- 24 Validity of other Ninth Doctors
Hi! I've had to revert your recent edits for several reasons. I suggest you read through some of our pages so you can see how we write articles. In particular, in universe articles must be in the past tense, you must always source your information, especially if you're removing/changing something that was already there, and your grammar needs to be correct. Thanks! Shambala108 ☎ 19:45, January 4, 2014 (UTC)
Please read through our image policies, which you can find at Thread:148148. All the images you have uploaded are in violation of one or more of our image policies. Thanks. Shambala108 ☎ 14:05, January 15, 2014 (UTC)
I had to delete a few of your images, so here's why:
- They were unsourced. Sources for all images are a must. I cannot stress that enough. I'm not sure where you got those images from, so I can't tell you whether or not they can be legally uploaded by copyright laws. Chances, are, though, they're not.
- They were out-of-universe, and thus not really illustrative of the in-universe topics. If these were sourced and actual blueprints used by the production team, they might be useful in behind-the-scenes sections. But they're not.
- One of them was also a png. This is usually not allowed.
- After looking through more of your recent contributions, I'd also like to highlight T:IUP NAMES — please try to give new images names for which they can be easily identified. Not a long string of numbers, not an automatically generated screenshot name. Names.
- Having said all this, though, don't let this put you down. Just take the time to read through T:IUP, T:GTI, T:IPER and maybe glance at our image cheat card before uploading anything else, and we shouldn't have any problems. :)
--SOTO ☎ 04:00, January 17, 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Please do not put speculation on article pages. We do not allow any speculation on article pages, and if you see any on pages, it just means it hasn't been removed yet. It does not mean that speculation is allowed.
In addition, you must source information you put on pages. Many of your edits have been removed for being unsourced. Please review the following policies: Tardis:Citation and Tardis:What does a citation mean?. These will help you understand what we want as far as citation.
One more thing. I'm trying to say this in a nice way, but you really have to work on your grammar. Our articles are not to be written as if you are texting or chatting. You must use proper grammar, which includes, but is not limited to, proper punctuation and capitalization.
I suggest you browse the wiki, looking over several different kinds of articles, so you can see how we write and edit articles. This should help you in avoiding having your edits reverted. Thanks! Shambala108 ☎ 21:46, January 17, 2014 (UTC)
I can't think of any other way to get your attention than by blocking you for a week. You have been notified of several policies, but you have continued to edit against those policies. Either you don't care, or, more likely, you haven't read your talk page. Hopefully this block will get your attention and you will read your talk page.
While you are blocked, you will be able to edit this page. In the meantime, please read through the messages left by admins on this page, and read through the following policies:
In addition, please note that we do not allow speculation, theories, fanon, etc on articles.
Discussion policy[edit source]
I don't know why you continued to post theories and speculation on talk pages after I specifically told you that it violates policy. Consider this a warning: talk pages are for discussing the editing of articles, not for airing speculation or theories. Shambala108 ☎ 15:20, February 9, 2014 (UTC)
Dalek question[edit source]
I really don't understand what you were trying to ask me on my talk page. My suggestion for you is that if your question is something that could be answered from actual Doctor Who stories, you post your question on Board:The Reference Desk. If, however, your question can only be answered with speculation or theories, you can only take it to Howling:The Howling. Shambala108 ☎ 21:51, February 10, 2014 (UTC)
Hi! Your page creation, Watchmen, has been deleted twice by two different admins, and I wanted to let you know why. Basically, the page has way too many problems to fix easily. These problems include:
- Spelling and grammatical errors. I strongly suggest you preview your edits before you publish them, as most of your edits have had several grammatical errors.
- You included no categories. All pages must have at least one category.
- Usually, we create pages with a singular title. This is always true in the case of ranks and titles.
Citadel etc[edit source]
I got your message while I was typing up this one. I didn't remove your edit because I thought the information was wrong. I removed it because it was in the wrong place. You put buildings in a section on Mountains as a subsection of geographical features. Buildings do not belong in this section. You can put it in its proper place (if you have a source). Shambala108 ☎ 20:01, February 16, 2014 (UTC)
Re: The Infinity Doctors[edit source]
If it's just your theory, or if it involves any kind of speculation, we do not allow it on this wiki. I don't know how to make that any more clear to you. We only use what we get from stories for in-universe articles; we don't use theories or speculation. Period.
You have to understand, Doctor Who is very big. It's been around for 50 years, there are three spin-offs and countless novels, short stories, audio stories, and comic stories. We have almost 40,000 articles on this wiki. If we allowed users to speculate, we would have constant edit wars and this wiki would become a useless mess. So please take your theories to either Howling:The Howling or to one of the dozens of sites that encourage speculation. Thanks. Shambala108 ☎ 14:22, February 17, 2014 (UTC)
- You said in your post to me, "I have a theory". That's why I said it was speculation. As for the rest of your post, I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are trying to say.
- In addition, I must ask you to stop creating pages. You have not fixed any of the multiple errors that existed, and frankly, there is too much work on these pages to fix. I suggest you browse the wiki for a bit, and after a few months of editing, when you are more familiar with our policies, you can re-create them. Unfortunately, you just keep adding the same information without trying to understand the policies of this wiki.
- In the meantime, please take a look at the following:
Unfortunately, I have had to block you again, for a week. Please note that this block has nothing to do with the content of your posts, that is, whether they are supported by stories or are just speculation.
Rather, the block is because we have several policies on how articles are written, and you continue to edit against those policies. When your edits are reverted, you put them back without changing anything that was wrong. That is the reason for the block — I'm giving you a week to review our wiki policies, and have singled out a few that are most affected by your edits. Please read these policies in their entirety and make yourself familiar with them:
- Tardis:Manual of Style
- Tardis:Full sentences
- Tardis:In-universe perspective
- Tardis:Point of view
- Tardis:What does a citation mean?
On a more positive note, from what I can see, you have taken note of the image policies that have been pointed out to you. So I am encouraged to think that you can learn from the above policies. Shambala108 ☎ 01:00, February 18, 2014 (UTC)
Last Great Time War[edit source]
I've had a look at Sky Jacks, and yes, you are right in that the dialogue places the story before The End of Time. I reverted your edits previously for two reasons, one being your placement of Sky Jacks, and the other being your belief that the Visionary predicted that the Doctor had the Moment, when in fact another female Time Lord tells Rassilon this at the High Council table.
On another note, could you please refrain from using caps lock to drive your points home. This form of communication is widely considered on the internet to be shouting, and can be construed as a personal attack. Behaviour such as this which has the possibility of offending another user violates T:ATTACKS, and can result in a ban from the wiki. --Revan\Talk 21:30, March 2, 2014 (UTC)
Image deletion[edit source]
Regarding the message you left on Tybort's talk page. You can't delete images. See T:DELETE for our policies concerning deleting content from this wiki and how you can mark content (such as an image) for deletion. It will be reviewed by an admin and action will be taken. --Tangerineduel / talk 14:07, March 3, 2014 (UTC)
Reverted edits at Regeneration[edit source]
Actually, I reverted your edits for mostly grammatical reasons — please, please, please give everything you post a few rereads before you click publish to check your grammar — but if you say another story contradicts or gives more information, then please source that story. Give it as another account.
- According to one account, Romana was known to be able to choose her appearance; one option she considered was coloured blue. (TV: Destiny of the Daleks) According to another, though, this was in fact a representation of the TARDIS. (PROSE: The Lying Old Witch in the Wardrobe)
Black Sun question[edit source]
- One other thing, when you post on someone's talk page, please start a new heading instead of just adding at the bottom. To do so, put 2 equal signs on either side of a title, like this for example: == Question == . Thanks. Shambala108 ☎ 20:26, March 6, 2014 (UTC)
The comics that feature the Order were published in the early eighties, and the Cult is featured in a book published in the late nineties. It doesn't seem like they're connected; lots of people have worked on the Interference article and haven't made any connection. If the story itself doesn't make the connection, then we don't allow it on any of the related articles because that would be speculation. Hope this helps. Shambala108 ☎ 21:08, March 6, 2014 (UTC)
Hi please note that only admins can merge pages, and User:MrThermomanPreacher is not an admin. In addition, the merge tag you left on the page said it's obvious that the two characters are the same, but it's not obvious to me. So you need to give a valid reason besides "it's obvious", or the merge tag could be removed.
Accusations against living people[edit source]
- I can only repeat that you must provide evidence if accusing a living person. And you must do that alongside the accusation. The fact that you might be aware of such evidence existing somewhere else on the Internet or even on this wiki does not permit you to repeat it without proof. As it is, the very interview you were commenting on and calling "much-circulated" was sourced to a website that cannot be considered a valid source and contained no proper data about the interview. This interview has been removed from the page. And the source you neglected to refer to, cited for the accusation elsewhere does not support your claim of "forged multiple interviews".
- Also please do not forget to sign your messages by putting ~~~~. Amorkuz ☎ 22:46, May 11, 2019 (UTC)
Man with the Rosette as family[edit source]
So I reverted your edit at The Doctor's family, because I think you're confused about a few things.
First, though it was of no consequence to your actual edit, you should know that the good folk of this Wiki did some digging years ago and established that the idea that the Master's real name is Koschei was a misinterpretation of The Dark Path (the novel in which the name originated), as while he does go by that name in that story prior to finding the alias of "the Master", it is stated that that was an alias too, and, indeed, the Doctor does not recognize the name at first.
Second, just because one source discounts the Doctor and the Master's being brothers, doesn't mean another couldn't choose to contradict this if it liked — any more than we favor the "the Doctor is half-human" position over the "he was Loomed" one, or vice-versa. Read T:CANON: everything considered “valid” by Tardis's Four Little Rules of Validity is fair game, whether or not it contradicts other “valid” stuff.
Third, the Master is not the Man with the Rosette, as far as we know. Yes, the intended subtext is that he is, but no story actually confirms it, and, indeed, most story with the Man could not confirm it because they don't have the copyright clearance to use the Master proper. As a reader you're allowed to draw your own conclusions, but from the perspective of this Wiki (where only what's explicitly written counts), we can't draw any conclusions based on the Man with he Rosette being the Master. We can note in behind-the-scenes section that they're suspiciously similar characters, but that's about it.
Cheers! P.S.: Oh, and lest I forget — even if the Man with the Rosette is the Master, and the Master is not the Doctor's brother — that does not discount his being family. He could be, I dunno, a second cousin. Who knows? Anything's possible. It could of course also be that the Master/Man with the Rosette is lying about being part of the Doctor's family, but that is in itself noteworthy, and thus warrants keeping the paragraph on the page.
- Yes, that is correct, I believe a recent short story confirmed the War King = Man with the Rosette link. Doesn't mean either is officially the Master, though. --Scrooge MacDuck ☎ 20:12, May 18, 2019 (UTC)
Please be advised that, as Scrooge MacDuck eventually admitted, he is not an admin. Any of the opinions he provided above are his personal opinions and may or may not reflect the official position and policies of this wiki. You would be well advised to seek advice from an admin, especially given that Scrooge MacDuck already had a disagreement with this wiki's policies significant enough to warrant a lengthy block. Amorkuz ☎ 22:42, June 16, 2019 (UTC)
Merging pages[edit source]
As already explained to you by two admin, including me, you must sign your posts on talk pages using ~~~~.
Secondly, if you intend your merge request to be taken seriously, you should provide links to the pages in question and provide detailed in-universe evidence supporting the merge.
In addition, I would not recommend going around from user to user, from admin to admin with the same message. You have already received a reply from Shambala108. Have you fulfilled her requests? Have you provided requisite evidence? If so, please feel free to contact Shambala108, who already looked into the matter, with a link to that evidence. If not, then I can only repeat what she said. In fact, I did above. Amorkuz ☎ 20:56, May 18, 2019 (UTC)
RE: Shalka Doctor[edit source]
Hi, I hope you are well. In regards to your message about the Shalka Doctor and removing the invalid tag, I'm afraid I can't help you as I am not an admin. I would suggest you ask one of them or start a discussion on the page for that Doctor or the Scream of Shalka webcast. Best of luck :) LauraBatham ☎ 05:41, April 6, 2020 (UTC)
I could not help but notice your message at User_talk:NateBumber concerning the merge tags. The thing is that both those tags correspond to ongoing threads to overturn the previous decisions. This is no different from the merge tag at Golden Emperor based on Thread:257167. In all cases, it's a rename tag of the "head over there to talk about it if you agree or disagree" variety, not a "this must be done with no arguments" (which would be "Speedy rename" instead). --Scrooge MacDuck ☎ 21:38, April 7, 2020 (UTC)
Thank you for the note my friend! Looks like Scrooge has already explained my motivation: while of course you're right that the admins decided that The Curse of Fatal Death and Death Comes to Time were invalid years and years ago, there are current threads in the Inclusion debates forum reconsidering those decisions. I included links to those threads in the merger proposals! It's just a way for people to know where that topic is being discussed. :) – N8 (☎/👁️) 21:42, April 7, 2020 (UTC)
Validity of other Ninth Doctors[edit source]
Note that I'm not an admin and it's best to ask Caretakers of the Wiki than rank-and-file users in these kinds of situation. That being said: being referenced in a later, valid story doesn't, on its own terms, make the earlier invalid story valid. For example, Vampire Science references in detail the events of a fanfilm one of the book's writers created while in university — but we're obviously not going to start covering an unlicensed student film as valid just because it was referenced in an official story.
That being said, there is, as it happens, currently a proposal in the forum to make The Curse of Fatal Deaht valid, though for reasons largely unrelated to Davies' acknowledgement of the Atkinson Doctor. --Scrooge MacDuck ☎ 12:44, April 30, 2020 (UTC)