Forum thread Edit
Hi! I noticed that you have a lot of questions about things that have happened in DW stories. I want to suggest a place for you to post that will give you a chance at a good discussion.
- If your question can be answered definitively, without speculation, then it's fine to post at Board:The Reference Desk.
- However, if your question needs some speculation and theorizing, then the place you want is our discussion boards. You can find these by going to the bar at the top of the page, click on "community", and when the choices appear, click on "discussions". Alternatively, you can check at the bottom of any article for the link to the discussion boards. A lot of people frequent these boards, so you can get a good discussion going about your questions.
Please note that our user talk pages, article talk pages, and most of the boards are for editing questions, so I feel the discussion boards are your best choice for answers to your questions. Thanks! Shambala108 ☎ 01:27, December 9, 2016 (UTC)
- Did you not read the message I've posted here? You will get a lot more discussion and answers from the discussion boards. Your questions have been answered at the forums as much as we can without speculating. The story only tells us so much; you want to know something that the story didn't tell us.
- Please make sure to preview your message before you publish. I've had eight emails from you this morning just on one topic. Thanks. Shambala108 ☎ 15:47, December 9, 2016 (UTC)
Story questions Edit
Hi! If you have story questions that require any kind of speculating, take them to the discussion boards. Please do not open a forum thread, and absolutely do not message several admins on our talk pages. The questions you've been asking are not explicitly stated in the story, and the only answers any of us have would be speculation. Please see Tardis:Discussion policy. Thanks. Shambala108 ☎ 14:55, December 14, 2016 (UTC)
Same questions over and over againEdit
I just need opinions and theories/speculation; not fact checking/facts. I'm just asking them in a different category to get better answers. Doctor 25 ☎ 18:39, January 7, 2017 (UTC)
Hello. I see you're an inquisitive chap. I also see that you have a lot of DW questions.
However this is not what the talk pages are for, please refrain from asking users questions they don't want to answer.
I'd be happy to answer any of your questions, just not in the talk page but at the discussion boards.
I wish you all the best. DENCH-and-PALMER 21:40, December 29, 2016 (UTC)
Twelfth Doctor edit Edit
The reason, as present on my edit summary is "This very edit was already undone by admins in the past", namely the admin was User:Shambala108. When an admin undoes an edit, the procedure is to go to their talk page and start a conversation over why it was undone, not simply add the same information back. OncomingStorm12th ☎ 20:17, May 5, 2019 (UTC)
- I didn't remove that edit, I removed the one from Dec. 22 because it was grammatically incorrect, as I stated in the edit summary. You should always proofread your edits because it's harder to search through a long page for an offending edit, but much easier to remove the offending edit. Thanks Shambala108 ☎ 13:01, May 9, 2019 (UTC)
- I did not remove that edit either, but I would have were it still there. It served no purpose. It is impossible to cause regeneration by slapping. Your edit did not add any information to the fact that Clara was angry, which was already stated in the article. We do not record every joke and every threat made in jest. Amorkuz ☎ 14:03, May 9, 2019 (UTC)
DWA Closed Edit
Yep, DWA is now officially closed. The new website will go up at http://www.doctorwhoanswers.com/, but right now it's not quite ready because I've not had enough spare time to sink into it.
If you wanna stay connected while the new DWA is being built and chat with the community, I set up a Slack community. Join up and turn on notifications to stay notified on what's happening. Let me know if you have any questions, and hope to see you on the Slack soon! 05:20, May 22, 2019 (UTC)
Will do 😊02:54, May 27, 2019 (UTC)
Clara Oswald editEdit
As explained in the edit rationale, the issue is with your use of the word "heartlessness". You cannot say that she felt sad because the Doctor "was" heartless; we, that is to say the narrative voice of articles, do not make moral judgements on characters. We can say that someone thought the Doctor was heartless; but we cannot speak in absolute terms of "the Doctor's heartlessness". --Scrooge MacDuck ☎ 19:14, June 9, 2019 (UTC)
- Ditto. Also, please take a habit of reading edit summaries. More often than not, they'll contain the reason why an edit was undone. OncomingStorm12th ☎ 19:18, June 9, 2019 (UTC)
- The reason we do not make such judgements is that we would lose ourselves in debates because every viewer has a different interpretation of the Doctor's psychology, not to mention not everyone shares the same moral values.
- Picture for example this scenario: someone writes, “the Tenth Doctor, being arrogant…”; and someone else replace it with “the Tenth Doctor, rightly confident in his abilities…”; and the other person changes it back; and lo, you'l have an edit war on your hands, wasting everybody's time that could be better served documenting precisely what actions were motivated by Ten's supposed arrogance.
- Plus, beyond the “we'd never agree on anything and the Wiki would descend into chaos” side of the issue, there is the fact that we do not engage in speculation on Tardis; we only report what the official stories tell us. As such, until such a time as Steven Moffat writes a novel with an omniscient narrator and tells us “the Twelfth Doctor was, in the absolute, being heartless”, we cannot be certain that he was, even if Clara treats him as such. We only have her word for it.
- (And if we started trusting in-universe characters in such matters of character analysis, we would also have, for example, to say, “The Doctor was a pathetic hypocrite who fashioned people into weapons and chided others for doing the same” — because Davros tells us as much in Journey's End.) --Scrooge MacDuck ☎ 21:47, June 9, 2019 (UTC)
Please be advised that Scrooge MacDuck is not an admin. Any of the opinions he provided above are his personal opinions and may or may not reflect the official position and policies of this wiki. You would be well advised to seek advice from an admin, especially given that Scrooge MacDuck already had a disagreement with this wiki's policies significant enough to warrant a lengthy block. Amorkuz ☎ 22:44, June 16, 2019 (UTC)