Hey. I'm actually not here at the minute. So for the time being, I can only respond to messages here... though I probably won't.
Vandalism block Edit
Thanks for the heads up.
- Well now you have no links. You need one for your user page, and one for your talk page, seperated by at least a space. P&P talk contribs 20:54, December 31, 2016 (UTC)
Companion self-sacrifices Edit
- Sorta, out of interest, which Doctor Who's have you watched?
- Yes, sorta. Though you know all the names, all the stories, all the dates... yet you don't know what happened within the stories. To save you all these questions pal, I can only suggest you watch/rewatch the stories. Best wishes. DENCH-and-PALMER ✍ ☎ 16:16, January 2, 2017 (UTC)
VE problems Edit
We have been looking into it. It seems that the problem arises when an edit is made in "source mode" within Visual Editor. We have been able to replicate the bug this way.
× SOTO (☎/✍/↯) 01:30, January 1, 2017 (UTC)
- If this is happening to you and you're not using source-within-VE, please let me know. If that's what you've been doing, please use actual source (in the edit menu) or change your preferences to automatically use source editor.
× SOTO (☎/✍/↯) 01:56, January 1, 2017 (UTC)
Hey I'm 17 years old and I live in Minnesota, I like the Tenth Doctor and takes from Sonic the Hedgehog. I have liked the us army since I was 4 years old and I have a collection of stuff of Doctor Who, sonic and the US army. I have even a US army suit with a unit patch, I like play with my UNIT first contact with my friends and a I have a home made Dalek called Danny the Dalek. I'm going make a Vietnam era Dalek. bye bye
Note: I cleared up the grammar to make it readable.
FP short stories Edit
Look, "Mate", maybe before you go around throwing accusations about you might want to check that the people you're accusing actually did the things you're accusing them of. First you accused Philip Purser-Hallard of leaving anonymous comments that weren't from him, and now you've accused me of adding the topic "fighting cocks" to discussions. I didn't. If you look at my contribution history, it does say "topic change" on one topic (note that both FP topics have had "Fighting Cocks" added to their topic lists, not just one), but if you look at the diff it shows that "Fighting Cocks" was there both before and after. I did edit the topic of that discussion -- but my edit was to type in a bunch of random nonsense, which didn't link to anything, to see how it worked. That edit shows up as a contribution but didn't actually change anything. Stop libelling me and my friends. AndrewHickey ☎ 20:12, January 1, 2017 (UTC)
Yes, Missy Edit
Hello! I have seen that you wanted the image of the Yes, Missy story from the Doctor Who The Official Annual 2017. I have the annual and I can scan it. I also have all the annuals from 2013 onwards. Many lack pictures, and I was wondering that (if you can), could you add those pictures too? I add many pictures but there's always one rule I seem to miss and I've pretty much given up on adding pictures (always get removed). I'd understand if you don't, and can send you the Yes, Missy picture anyway. StevieGLiverpool ☎ 02:00, January 2, 2017 (UTC)
An Exile/Block Edit
In consultation with some other admins, we have decided that your recent violation of T:ATTACKS at User talk:AndrewHickey#You got what you wanted and at Thread:208233. I will assume you are acquainted with that policy at this point in your time with us, but I will explain anyway.
As that policy specifically states:
- "Accusatory comments towards editors [...] can be considered personal attacks if said repeatedly, in bad faith, or with sufficient venom."
Moreover, as the final thought on the page:
- "Maintain a civil atmosphere towards fellow users at all times, including in edit summaries (i.e. do not write removing crap, or undoing pointless info). Assume good faith, and remember that we were all new here at one time."
Maintain a civil atmosphere. No less in a thread only there to try to bring peace and understanding, you jumped to accusing one of those involved of bad faith. And then you confronted yet another new user from the previous FP thread about something he also did not do, and provoked him as well.
We do not want to give off the impression that that is how users are treated here. Andrew said, and I quote, "I have no intention of staying around a site where baseless accusations and outright lies are normal acceptable behaviour." And that's just the thing. This sort of behaviour is unacceptable on this wiki. You are not maintaining a civil atmosphere, and you have been shown to be quick to judge and accuse some of those who are new around here. Who now do not feel welcome. We are very strict about Tardis:No personal attacks.
As your last two blocks, for the same offence, were each only a week long, we have decided to give you a block lasting 3 months this time, effective immediately. I'm sure this will give you enough time to read T:ATTACKS thoroughly, and to think about how better to treat your fellow users when you are allowed back in April. I look forward to seeing you again for the new series of Doctor Who.
× SOTO (☎/✍/↯) 04:15, January 2, 2017 (UTC)
9th Doctor not telling Rose about his origins Edit
- I'd appreciate it if you stopped trolling my talk page, it's not funny - your question has an obvious answer. I've been blocked, I advise you not to take the same path - it's not fun. DENCH-and-PALMER ✍/ ☎ 21:16, January 8, 2017 (UTC)
I'm not trolling your talk page; I'm not being funny. I'm asking questions in a different category to get better answers - need speculation (opinions and theories); not facts (fact checking). Doctor 25 ☎ 15:56, January 9, 2017 (UTC)
- Okay, by trolling I meant asking the same questions over again on people's talk pages even when they ask you to stop.
I'd say not understanding requests was probably down to your age but then your grammar is perfect so you can't be so young you are beyond reason.
However I'll be a pal and answer the question - Rose said that because the Doctor took her there in the TARDIS and she wanted him to tell her who he is.
Please visit the discussion boards... or watch classic Who (that options better) - it's cluttering up my talk page. Best wishes... please don't reply. DENCH-and-PALMER ✍/ ☎ 20:32, January 9, 2017 (UTC)
Your opinion is required Edit
Hello Sir Dench, nice to see you back, I hope you've had some nice time to do something else during the last few months (who knows, maybe you even read the completely free online version of the absolutely stellar (and a bit edgy) Dr Who novel Who Killed Kennedy). Anyway, two months ago a discussion was started at Thread:210381 concerning some of the work you've done in regards to The Lollipop Man (TV story). At the time, I opined that
Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without your plum pudding invalidity discussions wouldn't be proper invalidity discussions without your opinion and - because I can't trust myself to remember anything - I left a note on your talk page which would point you to the discussion when your exile was lifted. CoT ? 23:38, January 25, 2017 (UTC)
Final transmission Edit
Welp... forget about the above message. Denchen sent me this:
<message removed by admin>
- It is a sad day indeed. The King is gone. I will remember him fondly. Let it never be said that his reign was marred by evil. His kind heart and his good intentions have shortened his time on this plane of existence. He burned bright as a star. And as a star, he simply could not stop burning. But light does not disappear. It just travels away to shine at new horizons. "Do not go gentle into that good night", my friend. Your pal, Amorkuz ☎ 00:25, February 26, 2017 (UTC)