Thanks for your edits! We hope you'll keep on editing with us. This is a great time to have joined us, because now you can play the Game of Rassilon with us and win cool stuff! Well, okay, badges. That have no monetary value. And that largely only you can see. But still: they're cool!
We've got a couple of important quirks for a Wikia wiki, so let's get them out of the way first.
British English, please
We generally use British English round these parts, so if you're American, please be sure you set your spell checker to BrEng, and take a gander at our spelling cheat card.
Spoilers aren't cool
We have a strict definition of "spoiler" that you may find a bit unusual. Basically, a spoiler, to us, is anything that comes from a story which has not been released yet. So, even if you've got some info from a BBC press release or official trailer, it basically can't be referenced here. In other words, you gotta wait until the episode has finished its premiere broadcast to start editing about its contents. Please check the spoiler policy for more details.
Other useful stuff
Aside from those two things, we also have some pages that you should probably read when you get a chance, like:
- the listing of all our help, policy and guideline pages
- our Manual of Style
- our image use policy
- our user page policy
- a list of people whose job it is to help you
If you're brand new to wiki editing — and we all were, once! — you probably want to check out these tutorials at Wikipedia, the world's largest wiki:
Prisoners of Time Edit
Please stop removing the phrase "fan-favourite companion" from the Prisoners of Time article. You are removing it from the publisher's summary, which is taken directly from the story itself and is therefore considered a quote. If the publishers call Rose a fan-favourite, then we have to leave it in. If you would like to discuss the quote, you can bring it up at Talk:Prisoners of Time (comic story), but for now your removing this phrase a number of times has resulted in an edit war, which according to T:NO WARS is a blockable offense. Shambala108 ☎ 14:07, September 25, 2013 (UTC)
Prisoners of TimeEdit
Hi there. Your recent edits to Prisoners of Time are being reverted by several editors here. The publisher's summary sections are added to the wiki as direct quotes to what is released by the publisher to the public. Your removal of "fan-favourite companion" therefore has been replaced several times because of this - despite the subjective nature of the passage. I hope that clears things up. :) --Revan\Talk 10:20, September 26, 2013 (UTC)
I would have stopped removing the phrase but I didn't see the warning. When I have my edit privilege back I will stop removing the phrase.– The preceding unsigned comment was added by Cynical Classicist (talk • contribs) .
- I left a message on the Talk:Prisoners of Time (comic story) page before I left the message on your user page. When you didn't respond to that or the user page message, I had to block you.
- For future reference, please read T:NO WARS so you will know what to do when edits you make are constantly reverted. In this case, the reversions were correct.
- Also, when someone leaves a message on your talk page, there is a little blue box that appears on your screen saying something like "You have a hypercube". It will stay until you x it out or look at your talk page. The large majority of messages on your talk page will be useful, so it's in your best interest to check them out.
- I'm lifting your block, but please consider this a lesson learned. When someone reverts your edits, there might be a good reason, and this wiki provides guidelines of what to do in these situations. Shambala108 ☎ 17:21, September 26, 2013 (UTC)