Thanks for your edits! We hope you'll keep on editing with us. This is a great time to have joined us, because now you can play the Game of Rassilon with us and win cool stuff! Well, okay, badges. That have no monetary value. And that largely only you can see. But still: they're cool!
We've got a couple of important quirks for a Wikia wiki, so let's get them out of the way first.
British English, please
We generally use British English round these parts, so if you're American, please be sure you set your spell checker to BrEng, and take a gander at our spelling cheat card.
Spoilers aren't cool
We have a strict definition of "spoiler" that you may find a bit unusual. Basically, a spoiler, to us, is anything that comes from a story which has not been released yet. So, even if you've got some info from a BBC press release or official trailer, it basically can't be referenced here. In other words, you gotta wait until the episode has finished its premiere broadcast to start editing about its contents. Please check the spoiler policy for more details.
Other useful stuff
Aside from those two things, we also have some pages that you should probably read when you get a chance, like:
- the listing of all our help, policy and guideline pages
- our Manual of Style
- our image use policy
- our user page policy
- a list of people whose job it is to help you
If you're brand new to wiki editing — and we all were, once! — you probably want to check out these tutorials at Wikipedia, the world's largest wiki:
New pages and citations Edit
Hi! A couple of things to keep in mind when you create new pages:
- the title of the article must be in bold text, see Tardis:Bold text
- the article should have links to other articles
- all articles must have at least one cateogry, see Tardis:Categorisation
In addition, when you cite a source, please do not pipe switch to include the prefix. Prefixes should be linked separately from story titles, so
- not this: [[The Web of Fear (TV story)|TV: ''The Web of Fear'']]
- this: [[TV]]: ''[[The Web of Fear (TV story)|The Web of Fear]]''
- Please learn how to properly source story titles, as indicated at Tardis:Citation. Shambala108 ☎ 03:59, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
Hi! Please review all of our image policies that are located at Thread:148148. The image you uploaded had no license, which is required of all images uploaded to the wiki. In addition, the image was too blurry to be of use. Thanks! Shambala108 ☎ 05:14, September 3, 2014 (UTC)
Page creation revisited Edit
Hi! Please take a look at the changes I made to Book of legends and superstitions. When you create a page, it's helpful to follow all our policies correctly so other users won't have to clean up after you. Thanks. Shambala108 ☎ 17:26, September 12, 2014 (UTC)
- In addition, I had to delete the image you uploaded because you didn't include a license, as I have already covered in the post above. Thanks. Shambala108 ☎ 17:30, September 12, 2014 (UTC)
As I have stated above, please check out Tardis:Citation as you are still not properly citing story names in your edits. I don't know if it's a Visual Editor problem or what, but you need to take care of it. Thanks. Shambala108 ☎ 15:07, October 20, 2014 (UTC)