Thanks for your edits! We hope you'll keep on editing with us. This is a great time to have joined us, because now you can play the Game of Rassilon with us and win cool stuff! Well, okay, badges. That have no monetary value. And that largely only you can see. But still: they're cool!
Thing is, though, to play the game, you do need to be logged in.
Don't get us wrong: you don't need to have a registered account to make a lot of great edits around here. But you may find that there are good reasons to create an account. For a start, we could call you by a name instead of 126.96.36.199.
Even if you decide not to register, you should be aware that we've got a couple of important quirks for a Wikia wiki.
British English, please
We generally use British English round these parts, so if you're American, please be sure you set your spell checker to BrEng, and take a gander at our spelling cheat card.
Spoilers aren't cool
We have a strict definition of "spoiler" that you may find a bit unusual. Basically, a spoiler, to us, is anything that comes from a story which has not been released yet. So, even if you've got some info from a BBC press release or official trailer, it basically can't be referenced here. In other words, you gotta wait until the episode has finished its premiere broadcast to start editing about its contents. Please check the spoiler policy for more details.
Other useful stuff
Aside from those two things, we also have some pages that you should probably read when you get a chance, like:
- the listing of all our help, policy and guideline pages
- our Manual of Style
- our image use policy
- our user page policy
- a list of users whose job it is to help you
If you're brand new to wiki editing — and we all were, once! — you probably want to check out these tutorials at Wikipedia, the world's largest wiki:
Request for contact Edit
Hi, you've been working constructively on many lists of appearances, and I can only commend your efforts. However, I would like to discuss certain aspects of the edits that make lists less readable and useable. Could you please contact the admin SOTO to discuss this with him and me? Thank you in advance. Amorkuz ☎ 08:17, February 5, 2017 (UTC)
- I'm really unsure if IP users are notified of these messages, but thank you for replying; it makes the most sense to carry on the discussion between the three of us on my talk page.
× SOTO (☎/✍/↯) 03:47, February 6, 2017 (UTC)
Brackets in lists of appearances Edit
I do remember such a rule, but I thought it only applies to list of appearances in inboxes. Since you clearly studied this recently, could you point me to where it is mentioned. (I'm asking because this particular appearance requires an explanation.) Amorkuz ☎ 13:38, February 13, 2017 (UTC)
- Found it. There is one exception made, for archival footage, which is not the case here. And it is applied to both infoboxes and lists of appearances. My case is rather subtle: the Talent Scout is not yet present in the story as a separate entity. He is part of the Entity, which we see. Moreover, the same comic page is then repeated in a later story, and he appears in literally the next panel there. I wanted to emphasise that he is secretly present from the beginning. But without the parentheses, it would be confusing more than helpful. I guess, we should stick to the on-screen/on-panel visual rather than ontological appearances. Amorkuz ☎ 15:48, February 13, 2017 (UTC)
Incidentally, while this is something I care less about, I think "Titan Comics" is more correct than "Titan". This is simply the name of the company, which is also present on their logo. In other words, its not comics produced by the company "Titan". It's comics produces by the company "Titan Comics". Amorkuz ☎ 14:10, February 13, 2017 (UTC)
- Also, may I ask, out of curiosity (mostly), which editor do you use: the code-source one or the visual editor? If the latter, might I suggest you keep an eye for some things that end you being "left behind" on some of your edits like this one, where one of the subheadings ended up being "Titan ", and other ended up being "Comic ". While these don't make difference to someone simply reading the page, it leaves the code a bit messed up. Anyway, once again, thanks for drawing attention to lists of appearances. OncomingStorm12th ☎ 19:44, February 17, 2017 (UTC)
| This is the discussion page for an anonymous user who has not created an account yet or who does not use it, identified by the user's numerical IP address.
Some IP addresses change periodically, and may be shared by several users. If you are an anonymous user, you may create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other anonymous users. Registering also hides your IP address.