Because of a typo, I remain TheCoud'veBeenKing.
How I wiki Edit
I like to read history. A lot of history, particularly military, so on the wiki here, I'm mostly drawn to events and conflicts.
I like to squeeze out as much relevant information on a given Who topic as possible, because I like to get the full story. As a result, I may not adopt as brief a style as I probably should, but I always like to make sure an article is as complete and accurate as it can be.
In and out of many other things in my day-to-day life, I'm currently on a huge long-term undertaking: to go through as many pieces of Doctor Who media as possible in chronological order, using Doctor Who - The Complete Adventures as a guide. At times, my contributions on the wiki may reflect the stage I'm at in the extended series.
Frequent topics Edit
World War II Edit
I'm the reason the World War II article is as big as it is (sorry about that). As it's my favourite topic of historical study, I decided to revamp the article as it was and began piecing together a complete history of World War II in the Whoniverse, starting with stories like Illegal Alien, The Alchemists and, perhaps most notably, The Shadow of Weng-Chiang, without which the origins of the oft-overlooked Second Sino-Japanese War wouldn't be nearly as detailed. I try not to overwrite anyone else's contributions and will add any such updates in the sandbox accordingly, although I may reword or re-position them as appropriate.
Naturally, such an undertaking positively ballooned when novels like Timewyrm: Exodus, Just War and The Shadow in the Glass were added to the mix. Buy beyond the big ones, I also keep and eye or ear out for any small nuggets of info about the war which slip into stories otherwise unrelated to the conflict. When I say the complete history, I mean the complete history! Any one of these little nuggets could draw the link between one big event and another, greatly enhancing the chronology. It's like delving into an archive and putting together pieces of a puzzle.
The World War II article covers (or rather will cover) mostly everything about the conflict, but I also make sure to work on the articles about more general topics which inevitably branch off from it. I've created pages like the Pacific War, the Invasion of Poland, the Blitzkrieg and the Battle of Berlin, and greatly expanded existing articles like the Battle of Dunkirk and the Battle of Britain, with more on the way, I'm sure.
I also wanted to try the same thing for other conflicts, mainly World War I and the Cold War, which I also like to read up on. But the Doctor Who project wasn't quite clicking the way it was with World War II, and I lost a huge chunk of the preparatory work for WWI before I could put it in a sandbox, so I put it on hold. Maybe some other time...
Before World War II, it was all about the Daleks, and it still is to a degree. As above, I loved piecing together events and histories. I've created articles on the Great War (The Evil of the Daleks) and the Harvest of Urbinia. These are often done in the same style as the war articles, often very detailed with the intention of giving a complete summary.
Notable articles Edit
- Articles related to World War II:
- Invasion of Manchuria
- Second Sino-Japanese War (re-edited)
- Invasion of Poland
- Eastern Front (World War II) (re-edited)
- Western Front (World War II) (re-edited)
- Battle of Dunkirk (re-edited)
- Operation Sealion
- Battle of Britain (re-edited)
- Operation Shaker
- The Blitz (re-edited)
- Granville raid
- North Africa Campaign (re-edited)
- Operation Barbarossa (re-edited)
- Siege of Leningrad
- Pacific War
- Attack on Pearl Harbor
- Far East Campaign (re-edited)
- Battle of Stalingrad
- Operation Hellfire
- Invasion of Italy (re-edited)
- Operation Stop Thief
- Normandy landings (re-edited)
- Battle of Kohima
- Battle of the Bulge (re-edited)
- Bombing of Dresden
- Battle of Berlin
- Operation Unthinkable
- Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Articles about the Daleks:
- Dalek Wars (re-edited)
- Thal-Dalek battle (re-edited)
- Great War (The Evil of the Daleks)
- Harvesting of Urbinia
- Second Dalek War (re-edited)
- Operation Divide and Conquer (re-edited)
- Spiridon campaign (re-edited)
- First Dalek Incursion (re-edited)
- Operation Genocide
- Third Dalek War (re-edited)
- Exxilon Gambit (re-edited)
- Story articles I've made significant contributions to:
- Numerous plot summaries for The Dalek Chronicles
- Prisoner of the Daleks
- Dark Horizons
- Plague of the Cybermen
- The Dalek Generation
- Engines of War
- Domain of the Voord
- The Doctor and the Dalek
- The Beast of Stalingrad
- Across the Darkened City
- The Dalek Occupation of Winter
- Daughter of the Gods
- Return to Skaro
- Last of the Romanovs
- Scorched Earth
- I had a Poison of the Daleks plot summary written but lost it without a save. Arrrgh! Maybe later.
- Operation: Hellfire
- User:TheCoud'veBeenKing/Sandbox I - Reserved for an ever-growing copy of the World War II article, to save the main page from repeated prodding, the poor thing.
- User:TheCoud'veBeenKing/Sandbox II - Currently holding Black Dalek Leader merged with Supreme Dalek (The Chase).
- User:TheCoud'veBeenKing/Sandbox III - A look at converting Battles in Time: Dalek Wars "sources" into short story pages.