Hey there. I'm Snivystorm. (^_^)
I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who and I have been watching it ever since it re aired in 2005. I have loads of knowledge of Doctor Who mainly from 2005 onwards and its spin offs Torchwood and SJA. You can usually find me hanging around The Last of Us Wiki doing my thing there.
871,000 + 873,000 + 916,000, 920,000, 989,000, 1,042,000 <----- the six times I got lucky.
I hope I can be a big help to the wiki. Remember: no spoilers... shhhh.
Thanks for reading. :D If you want, check out my rankings of all the NewWho series and my personal favourite quotes below!
New Who series ranked Edit
- 1) 2008 specials: 8.9/10
- (Best episode - The End of Time Part II ; Weakest episode - Planet of the Dead)
- 2) Series 4: 8.7/10
- (Best episode - The Stolen Earth ; Weakest episode - Planet of the Ood)
- 3) Anniversary specials: 8.5/10
- (Best episode - The Day of the Doctor ; Weakest episode - The Last Day)
- 4) Series 1: 8.4/10
- (Best episode - Dalek ; Weakest episode - Boom Town)
- 5) Series 3: 8.3/10
- (Best episode - Utopia ; Weakest episode - 42)
- 6) Series 5: 8.2/10
- (Best episode - Flesh and Stone ; Weakest episode - The Beast Below)
- 7) Series 6: 8.2/10
- (Best episode - A Good Man Goes to War ; Weakest Episode - Night Terrors)
- 8) Series 10: 8.1/10
- (Best episode - World Enough and Time ; Weakest episode - The Eaters of Light)
- 9) Christmas Specials: 7.9/10
- (Best episode - A Christmas Carol ; Weakest episode - Last Christmas)
- 10) Series 9: 7.8/10
- (Best episode - Heaven Sent ; Weakest episode - Sleep No More)
- 11) Series 8: 7.6/10
- (Best episode - Listen ; Weakest episode - Kill the Moon)
- 12) Series 2: 7.5/10
- (Best episode - Age of Steel ; Weakest episode - Fear Her)
- 13) Series 7: 7.5/10
- (Best episode - The Name of the Doctor ; Weakest episode - Hide)
- 14) Series 11: 7.2/10
- (Best episode - Resolution ; Weakest episode - The Ghost Monument)
What the scores actually mean:
- 10/10 = Closest thing to perfection
- 9/10 = A must watch for fans, Whovian and casual a like
- 8/10 = Something everyone can come to love and enjoy
- 7/10 = Decent standard with flaws but the good far outweighs the bad
- 6/10 = Only hardcore fans will bother returning to it, a one-time view for all others
- 5/10 = Poor quality, a pain to watch, the bad now equals the good
- 4/10 and below = Atrocious, not worth watching, waste of time
Naturally, the higher a series overall, the better the episodes (overall) within that series. Thereby, to me, Series 4 contains lots of 8s and 9s while, in contrast, Series 11 tends to drop to the 5 and 6 range.
(Note: In the interest of including all televised episodes from 2005, the sections have been split, meaning the Anniversary specials are no longer counted in Series 7 and the 2008 specials are not counted in Series 4. Resolution (as it's a New Year special rather than Christmas) slots in with Series 11. The Anniversary specials include Night, Day and Time of the Doctor. The 2008 specials includes everything from The Next Doctor to The End of Time. The Christmas specials counts every one from 2005-2017 except those taken up by the specials mentioned above)
Favourite story: The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances (only story I give a 10/10)
Weakest story: Kill the Moon (episode with the lowest mark; 3/10)
Best Dalek story: Dalek
Best Cyberman story: World Enough and Time
Scariest villain: The Empty Child
You can never plan the future by the past.
It's a mad house, a mad house!
A life done in the service of others is a life worthliving.
Apes, together, Strong!.
Compare yourself with who you were yesterday. You cannot change how others are but you can improve yourself, a little each day.
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee
If a man has patience and experience, then he can do anything.
If you want something dirty done, you wait for lights out
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think.
The laws of logic do not lie. One cannot usurp an argument with emotion alone.
Philosophy actively teaches us to question the self-evident. Propaganda tricks us into believing that which we would normally doubt.
I struggled for a longtime with surviving, but no matter what, you keep finding something to fight for
Two men can get more done through talking than a hundred can through shouting.
The hardest choices require the strongest wills.
A man makes his own luck...Make each day count
Caesar weak. Koba weaker.
We should say what we feel, not what we ought to say
Proper deformity seems not in the Fiend so horrid as in woman
Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame.
I'm the Doctor. I've got five billion languages in my head and you haven't got any idea how to stop me, so if anyone's going to shut up, it's you!
Death is the price we pay for progress...to be immortal means we don't progress
Everything has to end sometime or nothing would ever get started.
Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I liked, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up.
Some people live more in 10 years than others do in 80. It's not the time that matters. It's the person
Books. The greatest weapons in the universe
I do what I do because it's right, because it's decent...Where I stand is where I fall
Instinct is a lie told by a fearful body hoping to be wrong...You blind yourself
We are a generation of men raised by women. We work jobs we hate to buy [stuff] we don't need. Our 'Great Depression' is our lives.
The greatest sin of the 21st century is that we can talk to someone five thousand miles away but don't say hello to the person stood right beside us.
War is not murder, it is suicide
Never complain. Never explain.
One thing is certain. When you are in pain, there is no true desire for it to be worse, only for it to end.
When you can do the things that I can, but you don't and then the bad things happen...they happen because of you.