Hi! I'm Nate, a fellow who wears many hats: moderator of the r/doctorwho and r/gallifrey communities; admin of the Faction Paradox and Obverse wikis; and (as of recently) occasional Faction Paradox short story writer! Nothing is canon, but the Eighth Doctor novels are canoner than NuWho, and I will challenge you to Rock Paper Scissors if you disagree.
Disclaimer: I do my best to stick to old-fashioned Wikipedian values, and I absolutely never intend to attack anyone through what I say on this site. If any reader takes unintended offense at anything I say, I sincerely apologize; feel free to contact me about it and I'll retract the perceived insult at the earliest opportunity.
Come join our growing community of wiki editors at the official Doctor Who Discord! (When you join, just ping me @NateBumber#5584 to give you the Wiki role.)
Changes I'd currently like on the wiki Edit
A brief catalogue of my relevant (and irrelevant) Sandbox pages can be found at User:NateBumber/Sandbox. Big thanks to all the admins who have helped with things on this list!
- The Remote should be renamed Remote for the same reason that Time Lord isn't The Time Lords.
- Salyavin should be renamed Chronotis, per Talk:Salyavin.
- Capitol should be renamed The Capitol, since it's (obviously) not the only Capitol in the Doctor Who universe.
- Edifice (TARDIS) should be renamed Edifice (The Ancestor Cell); Edifice (building) should be renamed Edifice (The Forever Trap); and Edifice (spaceship) should be renamed Edifice (The Sirens of Time).
- Patience's husband should be renamed The Doctor (Cold Fusion).
- Lord President should be renamed President of the High Council (in parallel to President of the United States and President of Earth etc) for the same gender neutrality reasons as the move from Lord Chancellor to High Chancellor.
- Either Interference (novel) should be renamed Interference (prose series) — see this Panopticon thread — or Interference - Book One (novel) and Interference - Book Two (novel) should lose their (novel)s, as originally argued here.
- Torchwood (TV series) should be renamed Torchwood (series), as its most recent series have been audio boxsets rather than TV episodes.
- Series 3 (Torchwood) and Series 4 (Torchwood) should be renamed Children of Earth and Miracle Day respectively, as (unlike The Trial of a Time Lord) they've never been officially described as numbered series.
Speedy renames Edit
- There are a ton of unnamed Torchwood characters whose pages have generic-description titles without any episode dab terms: Woman in shop; Young policeman; Scene-of-crime officer; Pizza lad; Flying instructor; Murdered woman; Hen night girl; Senior nurse; A&E nurse; and Parliamentary Secretary are just a few.
- I really support the main ideas of Thread:231309 – in particular, see my thoughts here – and I believe a majority of editors on this wiki would, too. (See also Amorkuz's comments here.)
- The Master should really be split up into The Master (Terror of the Autons), The Master (Dominion), Missy, The Master (Utopia), The War Master, etc, to fix the page's current unusability.
- Per this decision,
- EITHER Mitchell (The Sea Devils) should be renamed Tony Mitchell, Pilot (The Horns of Nimon) should be renamed Sekkoth, and Mickey Smith's mother should be renamed Odessa Smith (see here for a longer list),
- OR Edward Wright should be renamed Polly Wright's father, Tabetha Pond should be renamed Amy Pond's mother, and Crane should be renamed Nurse (The Curse of Fenric).
- On a wiki that necessarily accepts the Morbius Doctors, Patience's husband, and the Other as equally valid, everything about the Doctor's childhood should be moved from First Doctor to The Doctor.