Hi! I'm Nate, a fellow who wears many hats: moderator of the r/doctorwho and r/gallifrey communities; admin of the Faction Paradox and Obverse wikis; and (as of recently) occasional Faction Paradox short story writer! Nothing is canon, but the Eighth Doctor novels are canoner than NuWho, and I will challenge you to Rock Paper Scissors if you disagree.
Disclaimer: I do my best to stick to old-fashioned Wikipedian values, and I absolutely never intend to attack anyone through what I say on this site. If any reader takes unintended offense at anything I say, I sincerely apologize; feel free to contact me about it and I'll retract the perceived insult at the earliest opportunity.
Come join our growing community of wiki editors at the official Doctor Who Discord! (When you join, just ping me @NateBumber#5584 to give you the Wiki role.)
Changes I'd currently like on the wiki Edit
A brief catalogue of my relevant (and irrelevant) Sandbox pages can be found at User:NateBumber/Sandbox. Big thanks to all the admins who have helped with things on this list!
- Salyavin should be renamed Chronotis, per Talk:Salyavin.
- Capitol should be renamed The Capitol, since it's (obviously) not the only Capitol in the Doctor Who universe.
- Edifice (TARDIS) should be renamed Edifice (The Ancestor Cell); Edifice (building) should be renamed Edifice (The Forever Trap); and Edifice (spaceship) should be renamed Edifice (The Sirens of Time).
- Lord President should be renamed President of the High Council (in parallel to President of the United States and President of Earth etc) for the same gender neutrality reasons as the move from Lord Chancellor to High Chancellor.
- Either Interference (novel) should be renamed Interference (prose series) — see this Panopticon thread — or Interference - Book One (novel) and Interference - Book Two (novel) should lose their (novel)s, as originally argued here.
Speedy renames Edit
- There are a ton of unnamed Torchwood characters whose pages have generic-description titles without any episode dab terms: Young policeman; Scene-of-crime officer; Pizza lad; Murdered woman; Hen night girl; Senior nurse; and Parliamentary Secretary are just a few. Chinese girl is also ... odd.
- I support the main ideas of Thread:231309 – in particular, see my thoughts here – and I believe a majority of editors (and admins) on this wiki would, too.
- The implications of Thread:264489#9 have yet to be realised on the wiki.
- The Master must be split up into The Master (Terror of the Autons), The Master (Dominion), Missy, The Master (Utopia), War Master, etc. See Talk:The Master.
- Everything about the Doctor's childhood on First Doctor should be removed and redirected to The Doctor's early life, in accord with T:NPOV. See Talk:The Doctor's early life.
- Likewise, large portions of Third Doctor should be redirected to Exile on Earth.
- Per Thread:232143#4,
- EITHER Mitchell (The Sea Devils) should be renamed Tony Mitchell, Pilot (The Horns of Nimon) should be renamed Sekkoth, and Mickey Smith's mother should be renamed Odessa Smith (see here for a longer list);
- OR Edward Wright should be renamed Polly Wright's father, Tabetha Pond should be renamed Amy Pond's mother, and Crane should be renamed Nurse (The Curse of Fenric).
- Lists of appearances should be sorted chronologically rather than by medium. It just makes sense that the story listed in the "First appearance" variable should be the first entry on the list, regardless of medium; the current "TV, audio, prose, comic" standard is an apparent violation of T:NPA. In a chronological list format, medium can still be indicated via the standard prefixes (PROSE et al).
Open threads with apparent consensus Edit
- Main article: User:NateBumber/Sandbox4