Urban Myths was the following one-part story comprising part of the ninety-fifth release in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Paul Sutton and featured Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor and Nicola Bryant as Peri Brown.
Urban Myths (A One-Part Story)
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Peri Brown - Nicola Bryant
- Harom - Steven Wickham
- Edge - Douglas Hodge
- Kettoo - Nicola Lloyd
- Palgrave - Barry McCarthy
- Trooper - Clare Calbraith
- Harom is the Coordinator of the Celestial Intervention Agency (CIA).
- Harom notes that goulash, which originated on Earth, is popular throughout Mutter's Spiral.
- According to Kettoo, the Doctor told Peri that he once bowled either W.G. Grace or W.C. Fields for a duck, whereas Peri jokingly referred to him as Babe Ruth.
- The Doctor asks Harom to put in a good word for him with the High Council of the Time Lords.
- The out-of-order walk-in fridge at the back of the restaurant's kitchen is actually the renegade Time Lady's TARDIS.
- Urban Myths is only one episode long. The other three episodes on the two discs are for the story Exotron.
- This release includes behind-the-scenes interviews with members of the cast.
- The main setting of the Earth part of this story is given only indirectly as a place that used to be ruled by the Hapsburgs. The available DWU evidence (see the novel Managra and the short stories Gold and Black Ooze and The Sorrows of Vienna) places Hapsburg court, their palaces and their crown jewels in Vienna, which is well known in DWU to be in Austria (e.g., in the audio The Silver Turk). This is the justification for the current setting of this story. It should be noted, however, that it might change if DWU evidence is found that goulash was invented in some other country ruled by the Hapsburgs (in real-world, goulash originated from Hungary, which used to be part of Austro-Hungarian Empire).
- This audio drama was recorded on 8 February 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- This story is set between Planet of Fire and The Caves of Androzani.
- The Doctor asks Coordinator Harom to put in a good word for him with the High Council when he returns to his home planet Gallifrey. (TV: Arc of Infinity, The Five Doctors)
- Official Urban Myths page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Urban Myths at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide