Upstairs was the the third story of the eighth series in The Companion Chronicles audio range. It was produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Mat Coward and featured Vicki Pallister and Steven Taylor.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
However alien forces are at play here, affecting the very fabric of the building... and adjusting the very essence of history itself.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Dust and Death (1)[edit | edit source]
to be added
Dust and Empire (2)[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Vicki Pallister - Maureen O'Brien
- Steven Taylor - Peter Purves
- Bartholomew - Maureen O'Brien (BFX: Upstairs)
- Maids - Maureen O'Brien (BFX: Upstairs)
References[edit | edit source]
- After seeing seven chair legs in the attic, Vicki wonders if there were wooden androids in Victorian London.
- Vicki refers to her former travelling companions Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright.
- 10 Downing Street was badly built on shallow foundations by a crooked speculator, Sir George Downing, in the 1680s.
- The Doctor tells Steven and Vicki that William Pitt the Younger, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, died at the age of 46 in the early 19th century while Steven reads that another Prime Minister, George Canning, died in office in 1827.
- That morning, Steven ate bacon and eggs from the TARDIS' food machine.
- The food machine rearranges molecular deconstructed fungus into whatever delicacy was ordered.
- Lord Salisbury was the Prime Minister in July 1900. He allowed his nephew Arthur Balfour to use 10 Downing Street.
- The Doctor knows a Comanche war-cry.
- The Doctor tells Mr Bartholomew that "Lord Steven" is a member of the Marylebone Cricket Club.
- The Doctor tells Steven and Vicki that every empire in the history of the galaxy has eventually collapsed.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story was recorded on 28 February 2013 at The Moat Studios.
- This story is told from Steven and Vicki's perspective.
- This story was originally released on CD and download. It is now available as a download only.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Vicki recalls being rescued from Dido in 2493 by the Doctor, Ian and Barbara. (TV: The Rescue)
- During his ninth incarnation, the Doctor once again visited 10 Downing Street in September 2006. (TV: Aliens of London)
[edit | edit source]