Facing Thatchos (TLHS TV story)
Talk about it here.
- You may wish to consult
Untitledfor other, similarly-named pages.
An unnamed sketch aired on the British comedy series The Lenny Henry Show featuring Lenny Henry portraying a seventh incarnation of the Doctor. It was included on the VHS release of The Curse of Fatal Death and the DVD release of Mindwarp.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
to be added
Plot[edit | edit source]
In the TARDIS, Peri shouts for the Doctor to help. He stands up from behind the console on a new incarnation having regenerated during the earlier turbulence in the time vortex. The TARDIS lands on a planet where the pair encounter a Cyberman baring a striking resemblance to Margaret Thatcher who has conquered the planet. After defeating her and liberating the people, the Doctor and Peri leave for more adventures.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Crew[edit | edit source]
Rest to be added
References[edit | edit source]
- Tom and Jerry, Star Trek's USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) and Terry Wogan can be seen as the TARDIS scanner changes channels.
Story notes[edit | edit source]
- The story unexpectedly correctly predicted that the Sixth Doctor would regenerate on the floor of the TARDIS after extreme turbulence, later seen in TV: Time and the Rani.
- While not strictly part of Doctor Who continuity, this sketch technically makes Lenny Henry the first black actor to play the Doctor. The first to do so in an official capacity, however, would be Daniel Anthony in The Sarah Jane Adventures serial Death of the Doctor in 2010 when he briefly played the Eleventh Doctor in place of Matt Smith.
- The first genuine Doctor of colour, however, would be Jo Martin, introduced in Fugitive of the Judoon.
- Both Peri and the Cyberman Denos use a type of ray gun distinct from the Cyber-guns used in contemporary television serials.
- Thatchos and Denos are CyberNeomorphs.