- You may wish to consult
Untitledfor other, similarly-named pages.
After the episode finishes, the Doctor is awoken by the prodding of a pole. He recaps the audience on what they had been watching, and then excitedly tells them to switch over to BBC1 to watch Doctor Who, which he refers to as "the series". Ron Rat jumps up, calling Doctor Who "rubbish" — an act for which the Doctor attempts to murder Ron, using a ray-gun he just happens to have on his person. Fortunately for Ron, the Doctor is a lousy shot.
- Writer - Colin Bostock-Smith[source needed]
- Director - Marcus Mortimer[source needed]
- Producer - Marcus Mortimer[source needed]
- Music - Matt Aitken, Mike Stock, Pete Waterman[source needed]
- The Doctor compares the Dalek, Cybermen, and even "Wogan from the planet Shepherd's Bush" and green slimy things to Roland Rat: The Series.
- Despite the series the special was featured in, Roland Rat himself did not appear.
- The Doctor is depicted trying to murder Ron Rat for insulting Doctor Who.
- The story was broadcast in conjunction with The Trial of a Time Lord, with the Doctor wearing his stripy waistcoat and yellow star-speckled necktie from Terror of the Vervoids.
- The Eleventh Doctor later went on television and mentioned Doctor Who. (TV: The Doctor Drops In, The Doctor Appears)