Unification Theory was a short story included in the 2013 ebook version of Of the City of the Saved.... It drew on elements of that novel and the Bernice Summerfield short story Predating the Predators, and also set up background for A Hundred Words from a Civil War.
Summary[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Krisztina-Judit Németh
- Mother Vittoria Cellini
- Cllr Tenochtitlan
- The Prof
- Father Finlay
References[edit | edit source]
In the City[edit | edit source]
- Krisztina-Judit observes the River Okeanos, the Lemuel Mountains, and the Desert Park of Tashistan.
- Vril is a member of the Neotonic Clade.
- Two Macrocosmic Clans, the Trove and the Kalpa, are at the party.
- Krisztina-Judit initially suspects that Finlay may be part of the Rump Parliament.
- Krisztina-Judit guesses that Kit Marlowe, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, Cleopatra, or Barack Obama may be at the party.
Krisztina-Judit's first life[edit | edit source]
- Her parents were Catholic.
- She was a fan of Voy"Sez".
- Her hobbies included netball and rock climbing.
- She once performed the Heimlich manoeuvre on a choking colleague.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When talking about other academics in the City, Vril mentions "Richard" and "his charming wife", alluding to Richard Dawkins and Lalla Ward.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- This story takes place concurrently with chapters 70-76 of PROSE: Of the City of the Saved...; aside from Father Finlay and Tenochtitlan, every named character in Unification Theory was seen in Of the City of the Saved... at St Marx's masked party.
- Finlay and Krisztina-Judit reminisce over their encounter on Murigen. Finlay says Krisztina-Judit's bloodline is far older than the Earth Mal'akh. (PROSE: Predating the Predators)
- The Prof is a member of the Remote. (PROSE: Interference - Book One et al)
- Finlay mentions the Mal'akh of Earth. (PROSE: The Book of the War, AUDIO: Coming to Dust)
- Finlay recalls the Timebeast Assault. (PROSE: The Book of the War)
- The alliance between the Sons of Tepes and the Conclave of All Popes is further explored in PROSE: A Hundred Words from a Civil War.
- Vril mentions Richard and his wife. (PROSE: The Dying Days)
[edit | edit source]