Unexploded WWII Bomb Warnings, also called WWII Bomb Warning and prefixed as PRESS STATEMENT: Unexploded WWII Bomb Warnings on the story's page, was a short story released on the U.N.I.T. website as part of the UNIT Press Briefings series of in-universe, narrative press briefings.
In a press briefing embargoed until 08:00am on 28 July 2006, filed by Corp Alex Balfour, notice is given to an unexpected quantity of active Schlechter Wolf bombs that have been excavated in recent refurbishments to London Underground lines. Corporal Cameron Walker is quoted, stating that the bombs are still capable of inflicting major harm, a result of their longevity resulting from either their functionality as sleeper bombs or that they were "too solidly built". He urges anyone wanting to recover these bombs to sell as artefacts to stay away, as the bombs aren't special, but lethal.
- The bombs, and other artefacts, were uncovered in the Bow, Pimlico, Kennington areas due to the excavations at the Northern and Jubilee London Underground lines.
- The number of active shells is significantly over the average.
- Corporal Walker mentions that with sites like ebay, the market for WWII artefacts has "exploded".
- to be added
- Captain Jack Harkness attempted to use a Schlechter Wolf bomb to destroy a Chula warship as part of his elaborate con (TV: The Doctor Dances) in 1941. (TV: Everything Changes)
- The exact year is derived from the television story it ties into, at it is not stated within the story.