Summary[edit | edit source]
Racing through the jungle, they hide behind a waterfall. It leads underground where they find the Chalderans (a silicon-based, flame-red, horned life form, with an incredibly high body temperature) who surround the Doctor and Rose and capture them. They torture the pair by hanging them upside down for an undetermined period of time, it is here that the Doctor reveals to Rose that they mine planets for lava leaving them totally dead.
However, The Doctor convinces them they have been drilling in the wrong direction. They start to argue amongst themselves and the sonic screwdriver on auto gets them free. The Doctor and Rose run for the TARDIS, but are chased by some of the Chalderans until they run through the waterfall as the pursing Chalderans are killed when they run into the waterfall. Soaked-through, but relieved to be free, the pair decide to head back to the Tardis as the volcano prepares to erupt.
In the TARDIS the Doctor and Rose watch from a safe distance as the island explodes, killing the remaining Chalderans. The island's name, the Doctor tells Rose, is Krakatoa. When it exploded. it destroyed two-thirds of the island. For more stunning displays, the Doctor suggests the mating Fire Dragons of Ket-el or the lovely twin supernova out near Deneb-3.
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm in the early issues, later being expanded to two-parters
Original print details[edit | edit source]
- DWA 3 (6 pages split 4/2) * NEXT ISSUE: THE DOCTOR LOSES THE TARDIS!
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Deneb-7 was visited by the Fourth Doctor and K9 in COMIC: The Touchdown on Deneb-7.
- The episode TV: Rose established that the Ninth Doctor was also present around the time of the eruption of Krakatoa.