- You may be looking for the Second Doctor novel.
"Oh, why not," Benny said. "After all, I've died before and it never did me any harm then."
The once peaceful planet of Dellah lies in ruins. The god-like beings who infest the place have lured the inhabitants into holy wars, suicide cults and genocidal pogroms. As they run out of victims, the deities plan to invade more planets — and other races are preparing pre-emptive strikes to stop them. Humankind's small sector of the galaxy is about to become the battleground of leviathans.
There is just one hope. Professor Bernice Summerfield is, surprisingly, alive and well. And she's coming home. Bernice and her friends are determined to dispose of the gods once and for all — at any cost.
- Clouds Across the Moon
- The Land of the Gods
- The Blockade Run
- Falling Angels
- The Hidden City
- The Journey to Casmov
- One True God (Accept No Substitutes)
- Inside the Mountain
- We Want You as a New Recruit
- Sacrificial Flames
- God Botherers
- Falling Through Infinity
- The Dying Universe
- Fractal Futures
- The Last Word
to be added
- Chris and Clarence watch a show that ran for thirty-odd years, which involved characters being captured and lots of running.
Colleges and universities
- Benny ends up working at the University of Vremnya.
- Benny and Chris have a toast to dead friends: Chris - to Roz Forrester, Bernice - to Clarence.
- Bernice receives a message from Christine Summerfield.
- Wolsey is with Bernice as she settles in at her new university.
- Emile Mars-Smith is working for Braxiatel.
- Benny mentions her trip to Heaven.
- The Time Lords planned to launch a Doomsday Probe and wipe out Dellah and everything in that corner of the galaxy to remove the god problem.
- According to Braxiatel, his "former people" have retreated into their bottle universe, and the People are locked inside their sphere.
- Braxiatel provides the ship Benny and the others use to dimension hop the planet Dellah.
- This is the final Virgin Bernice Summerfield New Adventures. Peter Darvill-Evans notes in an afterword that it would be his last as editor (and might be the last for a while).
- The line is continued by Big Finish Productions as part of their Bernice Summerfield range.
- The novel clearly, but implicitly, has Chris and Clarence watch the in-universe Doctor Who series, which is mentioned to have run for "thirty-odd" years. At the time of the novel's release, Doctor Who had run for thirty-six years, but has since been brought back in 2005, making the reference outdated.
- The Ferutu first appeared in PROSE: Cold Fusion.
- Benny visited Heaven and met the Doctor in PROSE: Love and War.
- Christine Summerfield got out into the "real" universe in PROSE: Dead Romance.
- Tehke was previously mentioned in PROSE: The Taking of Planet 5.
- One of Tehke's other forms is that of Urmungstandra. (PROSE: The Taking of Planet 5)
- Benny mentioned dying before. (PROSE: Falls the Shadow)