A wonder of modern technology; the vast, secure building waits.
A part of the building's very fabric; the advanced computer Oracle waits for a face its systems recognise.
And at the heart of this steel, concrete, cable and flesh; a figure thought long-dead waits for a visitor.
Nimrod has one last meeting with his Doctor...
The Doctor enters the Forge. Several times security guards try to stop him, but the Doctor soon realises that he is being herded somewhere — doors close behind him and open ahead of him.
The Doctor finds a man connected to Oracle and realises it is Nimrod. The Doctor, appalled by what Nimrod has done, offers him a choice — he gives him a syringe with the Twilight cure. Nimrod can decide whether he wants to cure himself or not.
- The Forge's base can withstand the combined forces of the Dalek, Slarvian, and Cyber empires.
- The doors in the Forge's base are made of Huldran ore.
- A reading of the story by Beth Chalmers was released free to subscribers whose subscriptions included Rat Trap.
- On 29 September 2017, this story was made available for general release as part of the Short Trips Rarities range, with a new cover by Tom Saunders.
- The Doctor and Nimrod refer to the events of AUDIO: Project: Twilight and Project: Lazarus.
- Nimrod is aware of over a dozen different incarnations of the Doctor, including: the one that worked for UNIT, the one with long brown hair, the young blond encountered by James Clarke, (AUDIO: The Gathering) the original Lazarus, (AUDIO: Project: Twilight, Project: Lazarus) the short scruffy one encountered by Charles Crichton, (TV: The Five Doctors) and the Seventh Doctor.
- The Forge's base is fortified against Cybermen. (PROSE: Project: Valhalla, AUDIO: Project: Destiny)