An ordinary man called Collins buys himself a new record, but soon regrets it when a man called the Doctor starts paying him unusual attention. Will the Doctor be able to prevent the record's terrible power from being unleashed upon the world?
- Alan's business is Collins Specialty Audio.
- The Doctor gives Alan "Talullah Blues" by the Ernest Cotton Ensemble.
- The Doctor offers Alan Ronnie D. Clinton's "Ain't Got No Home To Go To" for "Listen To The Beat".
- The Royal Hospital is closed to patients and now hosts weekly vendors, including Vinyl Countdown, RPM, Sleevenotes, Huntley's, Halcyon Grooves, Turn The Tables, Richard's Longplayer, Rare Beats, Stereotopia, Vinyl Offers, Record Brokers and Sound Investment.
- On 9 January 2014, Big Finish Productions released an audio reading of this story, read by John Banks, to customers whose subscription included Afterlife.
to be added