Alan Collins is a "tweaker". One day as he is browsing through some albums, a man nearby discovers a very rare album. He offers it to Alan, and after introducing himself as the Doctor, requests an appointment with Alan, who owns an audio business in his home.
When the Doctor and his friend Nyssa arrive, they raise Alan's suspicions by the types of questions they ask. He's ready to throw them out, but then the Doctor admits his real purpose in searching out Alan: Alan is in possession of an album that has the potential to enslave everyone on Earth. The Doctor offers Alan another rare album in exchange.
- Alan's business is Collins Specialty Audio.
- The Doctor gives Alan "Talullah Blues" by the Ernest Cotton Ensemble.
- The Doctor offers Alan Ronnie D. Clinton's "Ain't Got No Home To Go To" for "Listen To The Beat".
- The Royal Hospital is closed to patients and now hosts weekly vendors, including Vinyl Countdown, RPM, Sleevenotes, Huntley's, Halcyon Grooves, Turn The Tables, Richard's Longplayer, Rare Beats, Stereotopia, Vinyl Offers, Record Brokers and Sound Investment.
- On 9 January 2014, Big Finish Productions released an audio reading of this story, read by John Banks, to customers whose subscription included Afterlife.
to be added