Trick or Treat was the sixth short story in Tales of Terror, featuring the Sixth Doctor. It followed on from the earlier story, Murder in the Dark, with the Doctor returning to the Toymaker's house for a second encounter.
to be added
- The trick-or-treaters, with a guy, knock on the TARDIS doors while the ship is in the Time Vortex. Each boy represents the Doctor's previous five selves. They play blind man's buff with the Doctor, after he criticizes them for having a guy on Halloween.
- The Toymaker claims the Daleks were always his "favourite".
- Toys in the Toymaker's TARDIS dollhouse include Steven Taylor, Dodo Chaplet, Sarah Jane Smith, Jamie McCrimmon, Frobisher, and Leela. The Toymaker also has a TARDIS control room set with a Sixth Doctor marionette.
- The Doctor tricks the Toymaker with a game of two truths, one lie. The Toymaker refuses to answer because it would both admit defeat and result in the Celestial Toyroom's destruction.
- The Toymaker's comments about the reality filters occasionally going out refer to the bad effects of some stories from the classic era.
- The Toymaker mentions plastic Daleks, (TV: Planet of the Daleks) "wobbly dinosaurs," (TV: Invasion of the Dinosaurs) the "giant plush rat," (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang) and the time tunnel literally decorated with Christmas tinsel. (TV: Timelash)
- The Toymaker claims that, along with everything else, he's orchestrated every battle the Doctor's had with the Daleks, including his recent one on Tranquil Repose. (TV: Revelation of the Daleks)
- The Toymaker tries to convince the Doctor that he forfeited the game, and that he, Steven , and Dodo never left the Toyroom, with all his adventures and companions since having been created by the Toymaker. (PROSE: Murder in the Dark)