The Doctor arranges a jazz session at the Royal Albert Hall with his best friend Sarah Jane Smith, but their train is sidetracked by an insect-like race called the Kalik which are eager to feast on the hapless passengers.
to be added
- The Doctor says that Oscar Peterson is playing at the Hall.
- This was the first strip in the magazine to be edited by John Freeman, although John had edited the rest of the content of the magazine since Issue 137. The strip had previously been edited by Richard Starkings.
- The story has minor links with following stories building to the Mandragora storyline.
- Elisabeth Sladen was paid the sum of £40 as an "appearance fee".
- The story was printed in full colour in the graphic novel The Mark of Mandragora. An additional colour version was produced by IDW for the series Doctor Who Classics.
- The Doctor claims that Ace is "back in the Cretaceous period treading on butterflies or something." The Doctor would later pick her up in Living in the Past.
- Sarah refers to K9. (TV: A Girl's Best Friend)
- The Doctor and Sarah share a hug as the Doctor apologises for the way he abandoned her on Earth. (TV: The Hand of Fear) School Reunion contradicts this, implying that Sarah and the Doctor had not met since The Five Doctors, as Sarah remarks on the Doctor's regeneration, prompting him to claim that he has undergone six since they last met.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.