Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor and Benny are following a trail of kidnapped children across Europe, a continent recovering from the ravages of the First World War. The only clue they find is the toy bear each missing child was given. But someone is aware of their search, and they soon find themselves unwilling guests on the planet Q'ell, where a similar war still rages — and has done for fourteen hundred years.
Stranded on Earth, Chris Cwej and Roslyn Forrester struggle to find a way of stopping the Q'ell from recruiting every child in the world to their cause. And the Doctor tries to start a peaceful revolution on a planet where there is no longer any word for peace.
to be added
- Seventh Doctor
- Bernice Summerfield
- Roz Forrester
- Chris Cwej
- Robert Dale
- Hannah Tannenbaum
- Josef Tannenbaum
- Charlotte Sutton
- Charles Sutton
- Manda Sutton
- Emile Chevillon
- Gabrielle Govier
- Amalie Govier
- To her horror and astonishment, Roz experiences racism in Paris.
- The Doctor's eyes are blue-grey.
- Amongst the many species that are recruited to fight are Ogrons.
- Chris doesn't know what an aeroplane is, but flies one (a biplane).
- The 1,400 year long Q'ell war ultimately killed 2,846,014,032 people.
- This novel had a working title of Toy Solstice.
- Summerfield thinks of Oolian brandy. (PROSE: Original Sin)
- The Uvodni also kidnapped children from Earth to fight in the Ghost Wars. (TV: Warriors of Kudlak)