Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- In the invalid Death Comes to Time, Tony Blair (unnamed but drawn and voiced as him) assured a confused US President that Britain had countermeasures. He then ordered an attack by a weaponised computer virus and UNIT space shuttles.
- Prime Minister Terry Brooks in Millennium Shock is a pastiche of Tony Blair.
- Jocrassa Fel-Fotch Passameer-Day Slitheen's claim that massive weapons of destruction could be launched on Earth in "45 seconds" (TV: World War Three) parodies Blair's claim that Iraq could launch weapons of mass destruction within 45 minutes. (Rose Tyler believes it will work, saying it did "last time".)
- On DVD commentary, producer Phil Collinson said that Aliens of London had intended to show a Blair look-a-like as the Prime Minister's corpse. When the resemblance proved disappointing, they decided to avoid showing the body clearly. Other hints and jabs at Blair remain, but the show avoids saying outright that he's the Prime Minister: the 2005 general election had not occurred during filming, and Rose and the Doctor are unaware who won so the show can avoid being in error.
- He has been played by Michael Sheen in several films.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.