Once a year, for a single day, Tommy Brockless is defrosted in the Torchwood hub to make sure he's still working. He is kept alive until the day he is needed, when ghosts appear at a hospital and it's clear that the time has come.
to be added
- Captain Jack Harkness — John Barrowman
- Gwen Cooper — Eve Myles
- Owen Harper — Burn Gorman
- Toshiko Sato — Naoko Mori
- Ianto Jones — Gareth David-Lloyd
- Tommy Brockless — Anthony Lewis
- Gerald Carter — Roderic Culver
- Harriet Derbyshire — Siobhan Hewlett
- Nurse — Lizzie Rogan
- Foreman — Ricky Fearon
Created by Russell T Davies
|Executive Producers Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner|
|General production staff|
Camera and lighting department
|Make-up and prosthetics
General post-production staff
Special and visual effects
|Not every person who worked on this adventure was credited. The absence of a credit for a position doesn't necessarily mean the job wasn't required. The information above is based solely on observations of the actual end credits of the episodes as broadcast, and does not relay information from IMDB or other sources.|
- There is a scan of a Cyberman in the medical area of the Hub.
- Bilis Manger's antique shop was also described as A Stitch in Time.
- The episode establishes that some form of military conflict in Iraq took place in the Doctor Who universe, as it did in the real world between 2003 and 2011.
to be added
- Unofficial overnight rating: 3.2 million viewers
- Toshiko and Tommy visit the Norwegian Church in Harbour Drive, Cardiff Bay.
- Penarth Pier was where Toshiko Sato and Tommy first kissed.
- The Eli Jenkins pub on Bute Crescent, Cardiff Bay.
- Tommy states that he is from Blackley in Lancashire but mispronounces the name of the town as "Black-ley". The correct local pronunciation is more like "Blake-ley".
- Kai Owen is credited despite Rhys Williams not appearing in this episode.
- When Tommy picks up Tosh, she throws her bag to the floor, only for it to be on her shoulder in the next shot.
- When Tosh and Tommy are talking at the bay, in one shot her hair is being blown by the wind, but the next shot it isn't.
- Tommy remarks how silly it would be to save the world in pyjamas, a side reference to DW: The Christmas Invasion, or possibly The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
- A Torchwood team from another era is seen for the first time.
- To the Last Man takes place after TW: Sleeper.
- To the Last Man takes place before TWN: Something in the Water.
- This story, along with the rest of Torchwood Series 2, was released in a complete series box set in 2008.
- The American DVD release of the episode was titled Last Man Standing.
- To the Last Man at Shannon Sullivan's A Brief History of Time (Travel)
- To the Last Man at The Locations Guide
- Torchwood Locations - To the Last Man