Time of the Intelligence was the fourth and final story in The New Counter-Measures: Series Two.
A strange voice is interrupting TV broadcasts across the capital, and bear-like creatures are raiding factories, stealing equipment and killing guards. The Great Intelligence and his army of Yeti have returned. And there’s only one team that can stop them.
to be added
- Group Captain Gilmore - Simon Williams
- Rachel Jensen - Pamela Salem
- Allison Williams - Karen Gledhill
- Sir Toby Kinsella - Hugh Ross
- Doctor Norma Vine - Lisa Diveney
- Edward Travers / Great Intelligence - Tim Bentinck
- Reece Goff/Jacob - Charlie Anson
- Rachel believes the description of the Doctor as a small man with black hair and crumpled clothes matches the Doctor she knows.
- The Intelligence operates from a temporal fold, in which it creates a construct on the astral plane that its will sustains and through which the physical world is accessible.
- It creates a quantum harmonic generator that will transmit a signal on a quantum level and summon the Doctor.
- Rachel and Gilmore find a production plant where Yeti are constructing more Yeti. Rachael notes that the inside of a control sphere has a radio transmitter and no propulsion unit, and that much of the equipment inside the Yetis is outdated.
- The monks of Det-Sen believe the Intelligence is the product of "consecutive consciousness," i.e. reincarnation, and is from the far future. The Intelligence later boasts that it is millennia old, has consumed more minds than are on Earth, and has traversed the depths of time and space.
- This story takes place "a few years" after the events of The Web of Fear.
- Travers mentions the Intelligence possessing Padmasambhava in the 1730s and revisiting the Det-Sen Monastery. (TV: The Abominable Snowmen)
- Kinsella and Travers both mentioned that the Great Intelligence and Yeti once operated from the London Underground. (TV: The Web of Fear)
- Travers talks about his daughter Anne and "Lethbridge-what's-his-name". (TV: The Web of Fear; PROSE: Lethbridge-Stewart)
- Rachel mentioned the Seventh Doctor (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks; AUDIO: 1963: The Assassination Games) and the Daleks. (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks)
- The Great Intelligence wants the Doctor to come back. (TV: The Web of Fear)
- Gilmore is again mistakenly called "Brigadier." (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks)
- The Intelligence is still bound to Earth, (TV: The Web of Fear) and will try to break free again. (HOMEVID: Downtime, PROSE: Downtime)
- The Intelligence consumes more minds in the future to grow stronger. (TV: The Bells of Saint John)
- Rachel and Allison visit Allison's fathers grave. (AUDIO: The Forgotten Village)