Time Works was the eightieth story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Steve Lyons and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, India Fisher as Charlotte Pollard and Conrad Westmaas as C'rizz.
'You want to know about the Clockwork Men?
'We work in their shadow, every tick and tock of our lives. We hear them in the workings of the Great Clock. We work hard, turn our hands — but we all wind down in time, and that is when they come for us: when our time is up.'
The TARDIS lands in between times, in a time where this is no time. A time in which nothing can possibly be. But something is...
The Doctor, Charley and C'rizz are rats in the wheelwork, a threat to the schedule of a world where timing is everything. And the seconds are counting down to a fateful future that has already happened. Unless they can beat the clock.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Charley Pollard - India Fisher
- C'rizz - Conrad Westmaas
- Kestorian - Ronald Pickup
- The Figurehead - Tracey Childs
- Vannet - Beth Vyse
- Zanith - Adrian Schiller
- Collis - Philip Edgerley
- Revnon - Merryn Owen
- Charley tells C'rizz that she and the Doctor once visited a Bandril spaceship.
- Charley has her own TARDIS key.
- The Doctor at first thinks that the TARDIS has jumped a time track.
- A Vortex Shield Resonator protects engineers working in the Time Vortex.
- An illustrated preview for this story appeared in DWM 367 illustrated by Martin Geraghty.
- This audio drama was recorded on 16 and 17 November 2005 at The Moat Studios.
- This story had the working title of Clockworks. Writer Steve Lyons submitted the idea to Big Finish not stipulating a particular Doctor, but specifying two companions. Producer Gary Russell's original intention was to place it within the Divergent Universe story arc.
- This story was originally released on CD and download. It is now available as a download only.
- The Sixth Doctor and Peri Brown previously encountered the Bandrils during their visit to Karfel. (TV: Timelash)
- Official Time Works page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Time Works at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide