Time Reaver was the second story in the The Tenth Doctor Adventures: Volume One, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Jenny T. Colgan and featured David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor and Catherine Tate as Donna Noble.
Publisher's summary Edit
Calibris. The spaceport planet where anything goes. Where anyone who doesn't want to be found can be lost, and where everything has its price. Where betentacled gangster Gully holds sway at the smugglers' tavern, Vagabond's Reach.
The alien Vacintians are trying to impose some order on the chaos. Soon the Doctor and Donna discover why. An illegal weapon is loose on the streets. A weapon that destroys lives... Slowly and agonisingly.
The Time Reaver.
to be added
- The Doctor - David Tennant
- Donna Noble - Catherine Tate
- Soren - Alex Lowe
- Cora - Sabrina Bartlett
- Rone - Terry Molloy
- Gully - John Banks
- Dorn - Dan Starkey
- Mane/Robot Voices - John Banks
- Florian - Terry Molloy
- Busker/Receptionist/Robot Voices - Dan Starkey
- Robot Voices/Man - Alex Lowe,
Food and drink Edit
- Donna wonders whether there's a coffee shop on Calibris. To the Doctor's surprise, the head office has been decorated to resemble one and also serves scones.
- Vacintia, the home of the Vacintians, is in its final days. The sun that it orbits is now a red giant.
- Calibris is a spaceport planet used as a crossover point by 60 million people every day.
Popular culture Edit
The TARDIS Edit
- Donna notes that there is a very limited range of women's clothing in the TARDIS wardrobe.
- Time Reaver guns can turn seconds into much longer time periods.
- A Time Reaver Bomb had the same effect as a Time Reaver.
- While this story is set before In the Blood, it was actually released four days after the novel.
- This story was released dubbed in German, as Die Zeitdiebe.
- Axel Malzacher voiced the Doctor, Kordula Leiße voiced Donna, Yara Blümel voiced Cora, Thomas Schmuckert voiced Soren, Uve Teschner voiced Mane, Jürgen Thormann voiced Rone, Tim Weiland voiced Gully and Marlin Wick voiced Dorn. Robert Frank, Arne Fuhrmann, Mario Hassert, Nora Jokhosha and Sebastian Kaufmane provided additional voices.
- Donna borrows a "wench" style outfit from the TARDIS wardrobe. (TV: Pyramids of Mars, The Twin Dilemma; AUDIO: No Place Like Home)
- The Doctor requires a new fluid link for his TARDIS. (TV: The Daleks, The Web Planet, et. al)
- When referred to as "Doc", the Doctor makes his dislike for the nickname very clear. (TV: The Time Meddler, The Five Doctors, The Twin Dilemma, The Ultimate Foe, Dreamland)
- The Doctor notes that he stole a Type 40 TARDIS because he was in a hurry to leave Gallifrey. (TV: An Unearthly Child, Logopolis, The Name of the Doctor; AUDIO: The Beginning)
- When Donna is greeted by the maître d', he tells her that "there is something on your back." (TV: The Fires of Pompeii, Turn Left)
- Mere seconds before Donna thinks she is going to die, Donna says to the Doctor that she "wouldn't have missed it for the world". This mirrors the interaction between the Ninth Doctor and Rose Tyler when she similarly believed that she was going to die in 2012. (TV: Dalek)
- Shortly after the death of Cora's father, Donna tries to get from her the information about the remaining Time Reaver guns by invoking her own late father Geoff Noble. (TV: The Runaway Bride, The End of Time)
- After spending decades trapped in his comatose state, the Doctor states that he missed reading. He then decides that their next trip would be to a library. The Doctor would one day take Donna to the Library in the 51st century. Donna notes how this suggestion makes it feel like "a day out with Gramps". (TV: Silence in the Library)
- The Doctor thinks he is a space buccaneer. (AUDIO: Doctor Who and the Pirates)
- Official Time Reaver page at bigfinish.com
- Official Doctor Who auf Deutsch: Die Zeitdiebe page at bigfinish.com