New York City. 1985.
Filled with their inexhaustible supply of energy, the Fourth Doctor and Romana II, run through the streets after Mrs Oppenheimer-Mason before the Ra'ra'vis who hired them, Tigil and Kemos, transmat in and push them along.
Taking the initiative, Romana fakes being an old acquaintance of Mrs Oppenheimer-Mason allowing the Doctor to swipe the psychic sales voucher out from her spoiled dog. Passing the Doctor off as her mute chauffeur, Romana leads the Doctor back to the TARDIS. She needs her chauffeur to take her back two years so she can meet Mrs Oppenheimer-Mason and create the backstory she just made up.
- Clooneys Department Store is situated at 1313 13th Avenue.
- The Fourth Doctor and Romana II visited the re-opening of the Lincoln Center in 1983.
- Mrs. Oppenheimer-Mason visits a P. Fords store.
- The Doctor and Romana are worried about Ra'ra'vis appearing on the Fifth Avenue.
- This story features a several instances of the number "13", including the mention of "thirteen million Grotzits", and a store at 1313 13th Avenue.
- Romana mentions the Übermarket. (COMIC: The Great Shopping Bill)
- Romana uses Drax as an alias for the Doctor. (TV: The Armageddon Factor)
- Romana has her own sonic screwdriver. (TV: The Horns of Nimon)